Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mavic EN821 rims – anyone running these?
  • tmb467
    Free Member

Any real world experience of weight (actual v quoted) or performance v flow ex?

Just waiting for mine to arrive and wanted to know how they hold up!

mboy
    Free Member

They’re pretty light for a UST rim. Didn’t get the scales out, but seemed lighter than an 819 in my hands.

Obviously with the nipple beds they’re still heavier than a Stans, but then Mavic rims have always been tougher.

Not the widest, but 2mm wider than the 819 will have to do for now… Could do with the 823 going on a serious diet, and them making a 29er version too. That or for Pacenti to make a tougher version of the TL28 as that’s an ideal profile just a slightly soft material for the harder rider.

EDIT: oh and performance wise, they’re stiff. A lot stiffer than a Stans rim, but then you knew that already! Build time takes a while cos of the nipple beds, but truing up is a cinch compared to flexier rims as they’re so stiff.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Interested in the real weight (as the 819 stops being sensible once the weight of the extra nipples is added)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They’re pretty light for a UST rim. Didn’t get the scales out, but seemed lighter than an 819 in my hands.

Just looking them up and they are quoted at 450g same as the 819 (719 is 460g but the 521 & 721 are up at 560/590 – all 26″) Looks like it could be good/better. Really waiting for some weights on the hope stuff.

leth
    Free Member

I’ve had a set built up and they feel lighter than my flow ex’s with the same hub and tyre combo.
    Have no way of weighing them so not the most reliable info

I was more interested in asymmetric rim and didn’t fancy crossmax wheels
    They seem a similar profile if that helps.

tmb467
    Free Member

Was told with some authority that they weigh 7g more than the Stans Flow built up on Hope Pro 2 Evo

They look nice too…very black and graphics are subtle in comparison. I’m shallow like that!

Northwind

Been a lot of contradictory info about these tbh, obviously you can’t trust Mavic claimed weights and there’s been supposed accurate weighed weights varying by about 50g. Built weights aren’t too handy either. Interesting though.

tmb467
    Free Member

Mine will be on dt 350s but my scales aren’t great

Happy to get em weighed when I pick em up and shall post back on here thence

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mavic EN821 rims – anyone running these?’ is closed to new replies.