Mavic EN321 & EN521

Home Forum Bike Forum Mavic EN321 & EN521

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mavic EN321 & EN521
  • I_Ache

They are the same width bit the 521 is stronger and lighter. IME they (along with the 721) are the best rims you can get. Very strong but not too heavy, a perfect compromise.

321’s are pinned. 521’s are pinned and welded. Therefore stronger.
    They are also lighter. And cos they’re so tough, they’re also a doddle to build with. Top balance of strength/weight/cash imo

Premier Icon Northwind

Aye, all very good, and decent value too. Though quite beasty, massively tougher than a 117- what’s it for?

Premier Icon mikewsmith

a 117 is to get a Mavic wheelset into an OEM build from what I have seen.
    I have had the EN rims, currently more of a fan of the XM719 & EX721’s though. There is a fine looking EN521 on a wheel across from me and it’s done everything from DH to Alps to XC and the rest for about 4 years now and it’s fine so tough buggers.

I have the 721 very tough looks like new every time I clean the bike.

Is there much difference?

Need a new back wheel since the hub on my last (Halfords special) imploded, proper waste of money. I did have 117 rims but thinking of something a little stronger.

Boba Fatt

En 521 was on my zaskar, never had to true or replace spokes

I’ve had 521’s and 321’s on a mix of DH bikes and hardtails over the years.

Both have been great, fit and forget wheels.

IMO 321s are superb value. They are always on offer from somewhere on the net, are really easy to build, and are strong enough for pretty much everything. Me and my mate both used them in the alps a few years back and they didn’t budge at all, even after some talent/skill failure moments.

Had 521 for three years no probs have got 321 now too

Both great rims imo. 521 is lighter if you’re counting grammes but 321 also builds into a very tough wheel – a world away from 717/719s

Combine with a 20mm hub for maximum stiffness

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mavic EN321 & EN521’ is closed to new replies.