Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mavic Crossmax SX bearings
  • honourablegeorge

Have a set of Crossmax SX, the white ones, think they’re 2011 – noticed a little crunchiness int e non-drive side rear bearing is a bit crunchy – anyone know where I can find a bearing kit?

Have tried a few places, but everywhere seems to stock kits up to 2009 but not after.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

skf are the best I’ve used (got two sets on two bikes so been through a few!), the double sealed ones.

Can’t remember the exact code but if you pop the old ones out the code will be written on there.

honourablegeorge

Bump for the mornign crew – anyone know the codes, or where I can get a set?

sandal100

I bought a bearing kit for my Crossmax ST, the rears are 2×6903 and the fronts are 2×61805. Same bearings used in both wheel sets and they’re standard bearings so you should be able to get them anywhere.

honourablegeorge

Nice one, thank you.

ae212060
    Free Member

Hi sandal, is your wheelset a 2011 or 2012? Cheers

sandal100

It was a 2012 but don’t have them anymore. If you’re after bearings etc an easy way is refer to mavic tech doc for whichever year wheels you have, find the mavic part number for the bearings and google that for the code or a link of where to purchase.

ae212060
    Free Member

Spot on, thanks.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

I had my 2012 SX front bearings and the 2 in the freehub changed by Broadribb cycles in Bicester, oxfordshire.

Mavic dealers, seemed to know what they’re doing. Bearings were approx £10 each + labour.

I’d do it myself but you can never be sure how these OEM style wheels go together/come apart. I’ve never been able to find the correct tech docs for them

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossmax SX bearings’ is closed to new replies.