• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Maverick Dropouts seized… Anybody else had this?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Was just taking wheels off my bike to put it in the car for the morning, and well… The Quick Release dropouts on my SC32’s have all but siezed up! How come this has happened? Anybody had it before?

These forks were new in December. Brand new! I’ve got some DUC32’s on another bike that I have had for a couple of years, and they were 2nd hand even then, and not experienced this problem?

now when I say seized, I mean that they don’t spring back round at all when you undo the levers. They are sprung, so they spring round to full open position normally. Not only did they not spring open, but they required a LOT of force to pull them open even! Quick fix measure has been to cover the brake caliper and spray a bit of GT85 on them to try and free them up a bit, but why should this have happened? 😕

Dibbs
    Free Member

but why should this have happened?

Lack of lubrication! its supposed to be a moving part, if you want it to keep moving lubricate it!

zokes
    Free Member

+1

fbk
    Free Member

Yep – moving part, small spring, close to the sh1t level = potential corrosion.

I stick a bit of GT85 on mine fairly regularly – seems to do the trick.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Maverick Dropouts seized… Anybody else had this?’ is closed to new replies.