Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Matthew Smith anyone know him?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I’m finding this hard to grasp too.

scotroutes

He’ll surely get away with any misdemeanours based on the sanity clause?

Daffy

nemesis – Member

Or are we certain that he’s a scammer and not just a bit crap? I’ve bought stuff on here that has turned up eventually with non-replies to emails for a time longer than felt comfortable.

Oh yes. I’m 100% certain.

nemesis
    Free Member

OK, you’ve obviously got reason to believe that but I still can’t get my head round it. Surely someone that stupid would be so obvious when dealing via email? Maybe not… maybe he thought he could just get away with it? Even that seems fairly stupid.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s OK I’ve got chloe on the algorithm, cheers Jack B

teethgrinder

Surely you should have enough info on him to access his accounts and freeze them none stop. Telephone banking usually locks the accounts if incorrect password/phrase details are entered. And it’s a right PITA to get them unlocked.

ricky1
    Free Member

Some criminals and scammers often gather trust in their victims before they go for the throat,that’s why they are called scammers……

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh yes. I’m 100% certain.

Algorithms never lie.

Daffy

Gentlemen, I’m delighted to report that Matt has decided to do the right thing and refund you. You should hopefully be receiving some emails.

I hope this all works out and I’m pleased my digging wasn’t for nothing.

Here’s hoping,

wwaswas

Matt has decided to do the right thing and refund you

I do hope that this change of heart doesn’t prevent the forces of law and order taking an interest.

And chapeau again to Daffy.

ricky1
    Free Member

Admission of guilt by the smithster

martinhutch

Google suggests he’s been trawling the wanted ads on plenty of forums and pulling the same stunt. I’d hope that the police still take an interest, as it seems there are still a lot of folk out of pocket because of this muppet.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Daffy, ygm.

Hopefully I’ll get a refund too, not that that excuses what’s happened.

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m still utterly bemused by this – how did he think he’d get away with it?

jam-bo

Do you think he has good records of who he’s scammed?

might be worth a punt… 👿

binners

He would have got away with it if it weren’t for those meddling kids algorithms

Jamie
    Free Member

sandwicheater

Is he ^^^ putting on a second pair of shades?

batfink
    Free Member

Putting on two pairs of sunnies? Whut?

Edit: dammit!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

zilog6128

Is he ^^^ putting on a second pair of shades?

Let me take off my shades so I can have a closer look…

EDIT: DAMNIT 1 SECOND!!

Jamie
    Free Member

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I filled out the police’s online Fraud form. Takes 20 minutes or so to complete, at the end tells you that they dont have the resources to investigate every complaint. Guess that isnt surprising, but a bit disappointing.

I’ve got the guy’s name and address, maybe I should report him to my local police station instead?

Neither my bank or his will take any action either. They say it is a “police matter”.

So, if you can find people as dumb as me to dupe, and avoid sleuths like Daffy, then looks like you are free to carry out fraud over the internet with little fear of repercussions?!

I’d encourage anyone else who he has conned to fill out the online form too, if enough of us do so, then the police may look into this further.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

I too filled out the form, spoke to my bank etc and nothing has been done. They too said its a police matter yet they don’t want to know about it.

wwaswas

It does sound like an stw group ride that passes his house might be in order?

H’s been quite clever, tbh. Amounts below the amount you can go to small claims for, banks won’t pursue, police not interested in ‘small fry’.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Yeah, seems like there is no recourse for online fraud like this. Though he has given a few folk his address. Not so sure there is a minimum amount for a Small Claims action, though in practice it might not be worth the effort involved.

I live in hope that Daffy is currently making his life a misery.

tinybits
    Free Member

So did anyone get a refund?

pbooker1995
    Free Member

I didnt Tinybits.

hora
    Free Member

Where does he live and how much are you down?

If its 25mile radius of Manchester I will happily call round at 10pm one night.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

No, no refund here. Lloyds wont get involved, and the online fraud report is a waste of time.

batfink
    Free Member

So we have his address? Can we start ordering things to be delivered?

stevied
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

Email in profile if hes near me. I’ve no qualms. Just as long as hes not like the blokes at my gym/sauna- half are ex-murderers 😯

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve never sold anything on here (or anywhere on the net) and have only made one purchase

Hi. 1996 called. They want you back.

So let me get this straight. Someone tried conning people out of small amounts of money by giving people his real name, address and bank details?

Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Matthew Smith anyone know him?’ is closed to new replies.