Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Matte paint on a bike ( Rallon )
  • godzilla
    Free Member

I’m about to order a Rallon, I’ve ticked the gloss button as I can’t see how matte will wear well, has anybody got much experience of matte as it looks great

martinhutch

I prefer matte on Orbea, purely aesthetically. Seems pretty tough on my Occam. I don’t see that gloss will wear any better or worse, it’s a finish rather than a protective coat.

Either way, if you want to preserve the finish, get it invisiframed or similar. It’s another 100 quid or so which isn’t much relative to the cost of a Rallon.

godzilla
    Free Member

I’ll be fitting Invisiframe, I just didn’t know if matte wore down or anything.

mrhoppy

Seems fine on mine, and I’ve put matte invisiframe on too.

martinhutch

I’ll be fitting Invisiframe, I just didn’t know if matte wore down or anything.

Not until the invisiframe on top wears out. If you prefer matte then that’s the one for you.

Bregante

Not an Orbea but the matte paint on my Pinnacle Arkose is by far the most durable paint finish I’ve had on a bike. It’s stood up to almost two years of riding in gritty muddy conditions with a top tube bag strapped to it with almost no wear at all. The only noticeable scratch is from when some halfwit (me) knocked a workstand over onto the top tube.

bigfoot
    Free Member

the matte on my rallon is fine after almost a year, also matte invisiframe from new.
    also worth getting a rockguardz as the stock protector doesn’t cover enough.

kynasf
    Free Member

My matt Rallon is also still looking good after a year. Had the choice between that and a gloss in the shop and matt looked so much better imo. No invisiframe, not a fan of it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Matte paint on a bike ( Rallon )’ is closed to new replies.