Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • Matrix Resurrections
  • Drac

Maybe just maybe it’ll be Ok. It seems to throw back to the original format.

Poopscoop

Fingers crossed, loved the first one then it went down hill rapidly.

Klunk
    Free Member

Laurence Fishburne has aged well!

cultsdave
    Free Member

Can’t possibly be worse than 2 & 3????

thols2

Maybe just maybe it’ll be Ok.

I tried watching the Trainspotting sequel and gave up in disappointment. The first Matrix was amazing, then it just got lost in the sequels. No appetite for any more.

Poopscoop

Whatever happened to the court case surrounding the franchise? Saying that the story was stolen from another author or such?

swavis

The first was brilliant, proper jaw dropping stuff.
    The other two were complete bobbins, they don’t even exist to me. I’ll watch it and hope for the best but expect the worst.

dove1

That looks good.
    He needs to be careful taking all those blue pills though – he’ll be ‘stiff’ for hours!

plus-one

Hoping it’s good !!

richmtb

Good trailer

The first film was an instant classic.

The 2nd film was just a mess of poor ideas and daft characters, I didn’t think it would get any worse.

Then Revolutions came along and said “Hold my beer”

dyna-ti

I tried watching the Trainspotting sequel and gave up in disappointment. The first Matrix was amazing, then it just got lost in the sequels

+1

Personally I can see how they got from 3 to 4(if this is indeed 4)

TS2, dear lord what an embarrassment.

mogrim

Please please please let it be good!

johndoh
    Free Member

The first film was an instant classic.

The 2nd film was just a mess of poor ideas and daft characters, I didn’t think it would get any worse.

Then Revolutions came along and said “Hold my beer”

101% this

I hope it is either a good sequel or, failing that, just a good action movie.

I am disappointed Hugo Weaving doesn’t appear to be in it but I can live without Lawrence Fishborne. TBH, it would have made more sense to have none of the original cast/characters (apart from Neo) to give more flexibility over the story without the audience seeing some original actors and some replacements (I appreciate the original Oracle was replaced but let’s skip that bit).

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Have the Wackoffskis run out of money?

I predict great awfulness.

footflaps

Anyone else think Neo would have been better off if he’d just taken the other pill?

Murray

Cougar

That looks completely and utterly stupid.

I’m in.

Cougar

Also,

Is it just me, or does it basically look like a fan service remake rather than a sequel.

checks Yep, I’m still in.

retro83
    Free Member

Trailer looks great.

Despite loving the first film and Animatrix, I have literally no clue what happened in either of the others. All I remember is some twins shooting cars, trinity falling and some stupid rave.

Feel like I need to find a youtube video explaining it in dumb-dumb terms, cos I sure as shoite ain’t about to watch 2 + 3 again.

thols2

Have the Wackoffskis run out of money?

I predict great awfulness.

I’m pretty sure it’s a Normantula McMan production. Guy has a solid track record.

martinhutch

I never made it through 2&3 without falling asleep or just wandering off to do something else.

Can anyone explain what happened at the end of 3 that might lead to Keanu, and Trinity being apparently back in the Matrix, and unaware?

As long as it’s not ‘Somehow, Palpatine returned…’

CheesybeanZ

Great piece music.

footflaps

Didn’t they all die when their underground rave cave was drilled to death?

And the architect told them this was the 7th time it had happened?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

only the 7th?

martinhutch

And the architect told them this was the 7th time it had happened?

He should get in a better civil engineer to do the calcs next time. Make that rave cave a bit more robust.

footflaps

He should get in a better civil engineer to do the calcs next time. Make that rave cave a bit more robust.

They should have turned the music down a bit. Serves them right for being noisy neighbours!

Cougar

I have literally no clue what happened in either of the others.

Feel like I need to find a youtube video explaining it in dumb-dumb terms, cos I sure as shoite ain’t about to watch 2 + 3 again.

This. ☝

Drac

Anyone else think Neo would have been better off if he’d just taken the other pill?

Kind think that’s maybe an alternative storyline.

boltonjon

Probably rubbish, but still looks pretty good

White Rabbit. Still possibly the best song ever made

I’ll be at the cinema come Xmas watching this. Bring it on 🙂

Drac

The sentinels attacked in one huge army, Neo switched the Matrix off and back on again.

lovewookie

and

I find these are better than the films.

sobriety
    Free Member

I’m also fairly sure there was something about Neo being a construct of the Matrix itself, and when he died he didn’t truly die but was reabsorbed into, just like had happened many times before.

And something about the oracle saying there’d be another Neo some day.

I may be imagining this/making it up, but it’s what I remember happening when I made the mistake of sitting through 2 and 3 in the cinema, and I’m not revisiting them to confirm/deny it.

supernova

Screenplay by David Mitchell apparently, who is a most excellent writer.

Worth a punt for this alone.

I will also require someone to explain what happened in 2 and 3 to me.

First Matrix is one of my favourite films of all time.

Kuco

To me, it was a film I desperately wanted a sequel to after the first one, and when they did you thought why.

dyna-ti

White Rabbit. Still possibly the best song ever made

That will keep the kids off drugs.

a11y

Please don’t be as shite as #2 and #3. That’s all I ask.

funkmasterp

Is it me or do some of the effects in the trailer look a bit ropey? I was in to it until I caught a glimpse of the human enclave thingy from those two films we don’t discuss in polite company. Please just stay inside the Matrix. By the halfway point of the second (third?) film I was on team robot

martinhutch

Neo switched the Matrix off and back on again.

So this is a reboot then?

muddyground
    Free Member

I worked full time in a rockers pub for 3 years once. They played White Rabbit on a constant loop. Must have heard it 50 times a day. 6 days a week. For 3 years.

And yet… what an utterly brilliant song.

The trailer looks great for what appears as a simple remake.

So this is a reboot then?

Good work!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Matrix Resurrections’ is closed to new replies.