Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Matching Rockshox fork to the technical manual
  • tomparkin

I’m trying to figure out which manual to look at for my fork so I can order spare parts for it and get the correct oil volumes for servicing.

I’ve got an older Reba RL Solo Air fork. It’s serial number, which starts 30T200…, which leads me to believe it was manufactured in 2012.

Looking at the sram’s document archive in the Service Resources section of their website, there doesn’t appear to be a manual matching a 2012 Reba — there’s either a “2011 Technical Manual” which covers servicing, or a “2013 Reba Service Manual”.

Looking at the manuals themselves, the 2013 images in the version look like my fork, and the manual makes reference to the Solo Air spring assembly (the 2011 version only talks about Dual Air for the Reba).

So — to sum it all up, I reckon my fork is probably a 2013 fork manufactured in 2012, and hence I should look at the 2013 manual. Is this right, or will I die?

And! A bonus question: the *reason* I want to get the manual is that my fork popped the air-side stanchion dust seal during a ride over the weekend. So I suspect the air spring is leaking into the lower, and I need to service the air spring to replace the o-rings. Does this sound legit?

tomparkin

Nice one, Mike — that probably is what I want, thanks. I was restricting the search to Reba-specific stuff only 😐

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah spare parts do everything from the year, mostly it will be the same over generations for things like o rings

tomparkin

Confusingly, though, the Reba 2012 section of the catalog refers to “Spring Assembly (Dual Air)”, with no mention of a Solo Air assembly.

benpinnick

30T2 is late enough in 2012 that it may well be a MY2013 model.

tomparkin

Aye, Mike, I’d seen that post before when trawling the interwebs. I did actually try calling SRAM, who politely referred me back to my distributor.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep that is how it works, fisher in the UK or any dealer should be able to sort it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Matching Rockshox fork to the technical manual’ is closed to new replies.