Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Matching a paint colour for partial respray after adding disc mount
  • iain1775
    Free Member

I’ve an old (95/96) bike that I would like to add a disc mount too (professionally done) and remove the V brake mounts
    The only issue is re-painting the frame afterwards, I don’t really want to do the whole frame (and loose the original decals etc) would rather keep it as it is and just touch up the affected chain/seat stay area

How easy is it, and can anyone recommend somewhere that would be able to match the paint colour to the existing?
    Ideally East Midlands area, but once the disc mount was on I could send it anywhere I suppose
    Wil probably get the disc mount done at Mercian Cycles in Derby as it’s just down the road, but their painting is (quite rightly for the finish they produce) expensive compared to other non bike specific places
    I appreciate it may have faded over the years and a perfect match is unlikely but something close would be good

I don’t know and can’t find out the original paint colour code, already tried emailing the manufacturer a couple of years ago

binners

Forget matching your frame colour. It’s not going to happen.

1. Have frame acid dipped
    2. Have frame powder coated
    3. Apply new graphics.

Find an industrial powder coating place and it’ll cost you fifty quid. If you’re going to do something…..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Matching a paint colour for partial respray after adding disc mount’ is closed to new replies.