Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Matcha tea – real alternative to coffee or just a fad?
  • bubs

I love a decent coffee but coffee doesn’t do good things for me. I tried a Matcha green tea today and it did seem to keep me going through the normal afternoon slump. Real benefits or just trendy supplement/super thing of the moment?

molgrips
    Free Member

Surely the fact you enjoyed it but it didn’t affect your system is a real benefit and hence enough reason to buy it?

lesgrandepotato

I’m not sure how much you think you are going to get out of a drink but on balance it sounded like quite a successful cup. Perhaps not world changing, but definitely net positive.

Tell me. Afterward did you feel less thirsty? That’s really really good in a drink.

alric
    Free Member

afaik matcha is a green tea. In thailand you often get given a green tea (as well) when you order a coffee. The green tea acts synergetically with the coffee to keep you alert

molgrips
    Free Member

So, if you enjoyed it, but then we on the internet told you it was all a fad, would you then think ‘oh well shame I can’t have that any more cos STW told me its popularity was unfounded and short lived?’

16stonepig
    Free Member

The green tea acts synergetically with the coffee to keep you alert

…in as far as coffee has caffeine and tea has caffeine…

alric
    Free Member

no, theres more, the polyphenols(?) in tea increase the absorption rate/bioavailability of the caffeine

devash
    Free Member

It’s certainly not a fad as its been produced in Japan and China for at least a thousand years. I’m like you OP, absolutely love coffee but it gives me horrendous stomach pains and heartburn which I don’t get from tea.

My usual tipple is good old Yorkshire Tea but I occasionally buy fancier loose leaf stuff and matcha from these guys – https://www.rareteacompany.com

Nico
    Free Member

Greeks drink strong coffee with a glass of water. The two act synergetically. Personally I prefer to drink my tea with a small vial of snake oil.

IdleJon

Greeks drink strong coffee with a glass of water. The two act synergetically. Personally I prefer to drink my tea with a small vial of snake oil.

Yep, that’s why I need four biscuits with my tea every time. The chocolate covering reacts entropically with the Brownian motion of the tea to produce a genuine yum for the rest of the hour. Rich Teas don’t contain as much entropy (or synergy) so they are useless, I find.

avdave2

The green tea acts synergetically with the coffee to keep you alert

I’m glad we are taking the holistic approach to this.

bubs

lesgrandepotato

Subscriber

I’m not sure how much you think you are going to get out of a drink but on balance it sounded like quite a successful cup. Perhaps not world changing, but definitely net positive.

Tell me. Afterward did you feel less thirsty? That’s really really good in a drink.

I like the closing logic but unfortunately sometimes I actually have a drink not because I am thirsty but because it tastes nice, has some other benefit or just breaks the monotony of an afternoon in the office.

However, 4 chocolate biscuits could just be the boost that I am looking for.

greentricky
    Free Member

If you are drinking Mactha to replace coffee consider trying Yerba Mate it’s a popular South American drink with a decent pick me up affect

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Matcha tea – real alternative to coffee or just a fad?’ is closed to new replies.