Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Masterchef final
  • warton
    Free Member

Who’s going out then? I really don’t know…

djglover
    Free Member

Not one of the one where 2 went through, so that leaves 50:50 for the other 2. Not sure who really

Amos
    Free Member

The one who looks like pob I reckon

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    KT1973
    Free Member

Quick celeb spot> I saw Greg Wallace in San Sebastian on Thursday.

warton
    Free Member

has the girl done enough today? I think the young lad may struggle…

allthepies
    Free Member

Tra Ollie.

warton
    Free Member

the right choice…

jimster
    Free Member

My money has been on Ash after last week, Mickey Rooney is really impressed with his food AND if he were to come short he’s got a job lined up already I’m sure.

BTW – but did anyone else think Oli was Bez’s look-a-likey?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I really can’t stand that one that looks like pob… his face makes me want to shout at the tele.

Coyote
    Free Member

TSY. You and me both.

My money is on Ash, the guy is amazing. However for a 22 y/o Claire is something special.

Agreed that a few of them won’t be going back to their old jobs though…

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Ash – completely obvious from the first round.

Interesting snippet from the end of the prog last night of Steve losing it at El Celler de Can Roca.

Also, Claire was V poor last night, and yet she didn’t really get criticised.

yunki
    Free Member

Ash – completely obvious from the first round.

really..!? I thought that disregarding his presentation he was pretty weak in the first round or two..
    He’s definitely shown himself to be a class act now though.. he made Greg and Michel giggle like gleeful schoolkids.. brilliant

I met that pob kid at a festi once..

jimster
    Free Member

Also, Claire was V poor last night, and yet she didn’t really get criticised.

I didn’t think she was that poor, she screwed up the consumme stuff and turned it into a broth – nice assist there Mickey, and they did say that it was too strong in the garlic dept, but the rest of it seemed ok.

Can’t wait for this evening’s edition.

marp
    Free Member

i stood next to the aussie fella on the tube on friday. He was drinking red bull so he immediately went down in my estimation…. anyone that’s supposed to have good taste and drinks that shite certainly can’t have full function in their taste buds…

I am now rooting for the girl with big eyes

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

but the rest of it seemed ok.

Her main was V simple compared to the others and looked very boring.

But can you imagine what response she would have got if she’d screwed up the consomme and served it to the restaurant critics as something else?

I also thought her chicken starter looked awful – V insipid. I was surprised that she didn’t get picked up on that.

Go back and look at Ash’s stuff again – in the first round he did a strawberry pud which I’m fairly sure was acclaimed as “faultless”. He had a bit of criticism in a couple of rounds for “lacking flavour” but I think they were just trying to think of things to say because he was always clearly going through each time.

thebunk

marp, think all chefs need red bull given the hours they work…he looks like the clear winner to me.

I knew a fine dining chef for a bit – he cooked me the best meals I’ve ever eaten (including Michelin starred places), but when we went to Paris on holiday with him and his girlfriend, all he wanted to eat was McDonalds…

jimster
    Free Member

I also thought her chicken starter looked awful – V insipid. I was surprised that she didn’t get picked up on that.

That’s the french way of cooking tho isn’t it?

pjt201
    Free Member

bah, I thought this was going to be about Masterchef’s superior antipodean cousin.

warton
    Free Member

Steve losing it at El Celler de Can Roca

to be fair, 99% of chefs in the world would end up in that state after a service there, the food is mental.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

the food is mental.

Is this the equivalent of name dropping?

Have you been there?

I’m going to start a what’s the best meal you’ve ever had thread.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Ash will win. By a mile.

Last years finallists all got offered a job by Mish Roux; only one took him up on it, though.

Most seem to go down the ‘open my own place’ route.

jimster
    Free Member

I personally can’t see what all the fuss is about, at the end of the day it’s a meal, like Fish and chips, beans on toast just ponced up and charged a small fortune for!!

I like it when the restauranteurs are preparing the food and weigh it all out to the last gramme, ensure it just comes to the boil before serving it, using a rule to ensure it’s so far from the edge – for some fat pi55ed up chumly to mash it all up and throw down his oversized gob all in one because there’s chuff all to eat!!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Masterchef final’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts