Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Massive foot pain
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

I don’t have a massive foot, in fact it’s the smaller of the two that’s causing the problem. After a 25 mile CX ride and carry on saturday I could feel my right foot feeling sore and as if it was hanging over the outer edge of the pedal.
    I put this down to cleat positioning and have adjusted the cleats since. Nice 45 mile recovery ride Sunday in different shoes on the road and all was pretty rosy, if a little sore.
    Today though, whoa.
    It feels like my a bone is broken along the outer edge of the foot, from heel to little toe. There’s some redness there and I’ve taken some co-codamol and scotch for the pain. It’s too painful to stand on.
    Has anyone else suffered from this, and if so how long before it went away?

curvature
    Free Member

Is it your shoes?

I used to get a dull ache in my feet. Shoes neded changing and so the pain went away.

lerk
    Free Member

Yes, in fact I’ve been wincing every morning for the past month with it!

I’ve bought a set of road pedals and shoes to see if that helps as it seemed to occur after I’d been hammering the CX bike on the road in my old slightly flexy northwaves.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

curvature – Member

Is it your shoes?

I used to get a dull ache in my feet. Shoes neded changing and so the pain went away.

Shoes have been used many times before, this is the first time it’s been like this. Like I said, I’m sure it was down to cleat position so I’ve adjusted that but not been for a ride in the shoes since.

jeb

my feet really gets bigger in the heat, so i loosen the velcro straps a bit more, and a cheap tennis cotton sock, seem to me to cool my feet the most.

mrelectric

Plantar facitis? Really sore & didn’t respond to much IME

glupton1976
    Free Member

I’ve had similar before and with me it was a peroneal tendonitis. To cure mine I just iced and ibuprofened it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Massive foot pain’ is closed to new replies.