Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Massive bike bag/cover, what is there?
  • sambob
    Free Member

Going to uni in September and need something to keep my bike in whilst it’s in my room, but don’t want to dismantle my bike if I can avoid it. Anyone know of anything available? Massive plastic bag would do the trick but I can’t find anything.

RealMan
    Free Member

What uni are you going to? Biggest problem will be the cleaners, but if you don’t make their job any harder they probably won’t care. Get some carpet samples, put them on the floor, keep the bike on those. Avoid leaving tyre/saddle/bar marks on the walls, and if the cleaners ask just tell them you were told it would be ok, and that you’ll keep it clean and tidy, and if it gets in the way of them then don’t bother cleaning.

Gunz
    Free Member

Why not buy a cheap motorbike cover and put it on upside down so all the mud is captured?

rocketman
    Free Member

What about an inexpensive motorbike cover from Argos Halfords etc.

Have used one meself for outdoor storage quite effective on a bicycle

sambob
    Free Member

Going to Bangor. Cleaners only clean communal areas rather than bedrooms, so that shouldn’t be a problem, just trying to keep mud off the walls/carpet/everything. Cheers Gunz, that sounds perfect.

drrms
    Free Member

You could try the sort of covers used on the rear of motorhomes. e.g.:

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/bikeandcarriercovers.htm

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have a duffbag monster, it’s big enough for bike and kit, front wheel needs to come off. I like it and have subsequently bought a duffbag for kit/change of clothes.

The monster bag is a little on the expensive side IMO.

Edit I paid £80 and I see they are on sale at £65, that’s a good price

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Massive bike bag/cover, what is there?’ is closed to new replies.