• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by lunge.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Massage guns for injuries
  • Premier Icon molgrips

Yeah yeah smutty comments, I know.

Are these things good for loosening up small injuries and muscle tears etc? Better than just a thumb?

Premier Icon Kryton57

Talk about these seems very popular currently. I’ve had impact treatment as physio with good results, but would be concerned with uneducated placement of one of these. I’d love to hear an experts view of self-treatment.

Premier Icon molgrips

In the past it seems I’ve had minor injuries and they’ve healed up poorly so I’ve got a couple of ‘knots’ if you like on the outside of my calf. I can knead them with my thumbs and it seems to help but it’s tricky to actually do so I’m wondering if a gun would help that kind of thing.

Premier Icon surfer
    Free Member

I have one and I think they are quite effective. One of the benefits of seeing a therapist is the “hands on” stuff such as deep tissue massage, manipulation etc. These mimic this to some extent and allow you to treat more often and for less serious muscle pain.

Premier Icon grum

I got one of these off eBay. Seems pretty good.

(The lady explaining how to use it is rather lovely also 😚)

Premier Icon molgrips

I have one and I think they are quite effective.

What kind?

Premier Icon Bazz
    Free Member

I bought one recently and having also studied sports therapy, although never really practiced, i do have to say i find them pretty damn effective for small muscle injuries and general post sports/exercise soreness. As long as people aren’t trying to treat a herniated disc or similar with them i think they are a great tool.

Premier Icon molgrips

I’ve got a £50 Amazon voucher, am I wasting my time with that?

Do I want the gun kind with different heads (which feels like the right choice) or the pad kind? It’s to release knots and target stuff like ITB rather than general aches.

Premier Icon redmex
    Free Member

I was given on a while back much better than the banchory vibrators for sale as it’s cordless no chance of strangling yourself but I ended up giving it away. You will maybe use it once then put in the cupboard or charity shop

Premier Icon surfer
    Free Member

@molgrips

Cant recall, I will try to find the model but I only paid about £30 from Amazon, some generic model but it seems robust enough. Sure the more expensive ones are better but I think it helped me with some persistent calf injuries I was having.

edit: I have only used the ball attachment.

Premier Icon Bazz
    Free Member

@molgrips

The one that i have was from Amazon, it called a Wattne W2. Seems very well made and is pretty robust, comes with 6 different heads.

Premier Icon lunge

I’ve got a Renpho, no idea how it compares to others but it seems to work OK.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.