Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Mass extinction event.
  • kimbers

If the country’s elite new that the world was going to explode in a few years theyd just massively enrich all of themselves and their mates living a life of debauched luxury

whilst letting living standards and social amenities deteriorate for the rest of us………..

camo16
    Free Member

If the country’s elite new that the world was going to explode in a few years theyd just massively enrich all of themselves and their mates living a life of debauched luxury

whilst letting living standards and social amenities deteriorate for the rest of us………..

If we knew it too, we probably wouldn’t let them…

McHamish
    Free Member

Just took a look at Copenacre…I see that the BBC would have got dedicated offices and accommodation. At least we’d have still got Eastenders.

wrecker
    Free Member

If we knew it too, we probably wouldn’t let them…

OK. I baggsy Prescotts jags. Oh and Sam Cameron and Cherie Blair. One is in for an enjoyable time, the other less so 😀

richmtb

The Earth does definitely have a finite lifespan.

Its a safe bet that none of us will live to see the end of it though.

Apparently most apocalyptic fears are as a result of our inability to cope with our own mortality. The idea the world will continue to function after we are dead seems unfair that’s why apocalyptic fantasies are so popular and enduring. It makes our place in the universe seem more important if the world ends when we do.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

The idea the world will continue to function after we are dead seems unfair that’s why apocalyptic fantasies are so popular and enduring. It makes our place in the universe seem more important if the world ends when we do.

TBH I’d be OK with a nice memorial bench

mt
    Free Member

can’t wait, will it be on the telly? If it’s on the BBC I’ll watch it but if its on SKY.

slackalice
    Free Member

Yep, followed by repeats on Dave.

aP
    Free Member

Some friends of mine have been looking at the furthest extents of the megatsunami which will be caused by Cumbre Vieja and are looking for property to buy (and stock with large quantities of supplies) for the event which they seem to expect ‘quite soon’.

rossi46
    Free Member

Comet Ison is coming- what if they got the maths wrong?

Personally, i’d like to be utterly oblivious of it- i mean theres nothing you could do about it is there?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Definitely going for the alpha male route then – I think I could pull this look off quite well…

dannyh
    Free Member

In terms of nearly every other large animal species, we humans have been perpetrating a mass extinction event for the last 10,000 years. In evolutionary terms this timescale is practically as sudden as the K2 event event that accounted for the dinosaurs.

Our turn will come.I don’t want to be gloomy, but Yellowstone could blow, an asteroid could hit. Or as something more mundane like the AIDS virus managing to mutate so it could be transmitted like malaria. Of course, the likelihood of these things happening in the next couple of hundred years is not enough to make any rational person start stockpiling bully beef and rice, but it does put life’s petty irritations into perspective!

mightymule
    Free Member

I’d like to have enough notice so that I could take the opportunity to have a few choice words with the disgusting insufferable harpy that is my Head of Department….

duckman

Sam Cameron and Mad Cherie? Wrecker you are one sick puppy.

wrecker
    Free Member

Sam Cameron and Mad Cherie? Wrecker you are one sick puppy.

I most certainly am not!
    To set your mind at rest; Sam would be getting the good stuff and cherie would be made to stand in the corner with a carrot in her bum.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Would you actually enjoy being in the human equivalent of an ant colony, toiling ceaselessly until you die?

Erm…that pretty much sums us up!

slackalice
    Free Member

Re. the carrot.

Could a small voltage of say, 240v be run through it during it’s residency?

Please.

My last request. Thank you.

MrNutt
    Free Member

two words

methane.

oceans.

anytime now.

CountZero

To set your mind at rest; Sam would be getting the good stuff and cherie would be made to stand in the corner with a carrot in her bum.

😆
    And a gag-ball in her gob, wearing a dunce’s hat!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Mass extinction event.’ is closed to new replies.