• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by aP.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mason Bokeh owners question(s)
  • tripsterpete
    Free Member

(Finally) took the plunge and ordered the frame and forks.

Rest of the build will be custom and looking forward to slowly putting it together over the next few months as the parts come in.

As for wheels, have got both 700cc and 650b Hunts as have seen a fair few of them around these parts and everyone has nothing but good thiings to say about them.

Questions for those who have the Bokeh and who run 650bs, what is the real world trye clearances back and front? Would live to run Pythons as they would be idea for the conditions round here. However, their stated width is 2.1″.

What tyres are you running?

Any other tips, hints or pics would be welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

drlex
    Free Member

You should be fine on 650s; mine is by my desk at the mo’ and I reckon there’s almost 70mm between the stays on that wheel size . I’m only running 35mm G-ones at present, but bought a Thunder Burt and Racing Ralph in 2.1 width, based on another owner’s recommendation. (Stan’s Crest rims rather than Hunt wheels.)

aP
    Free Member

I’ve run Thunder Burts on 650b Hunt wheels in the past there’s plenty of clearance, currently got Bruce Gordon Rock’n’Road – smaller volume, not as plush but sturdier and decent grip in mud. Over the summer I’ve been using Compass Switchback Hill 48mm which are fast and very compliant – although not the sturdiest, I had 6 punctures in 1 ride in the Cevennes (it was very off road).

drlex
    Free Member

6! If I’d suffered that, there would have been a Basil Fawlty-like thrashing of the bike and very likely a new hobby.

aP
    Free Member

a Basil Fawlty-like thrashing of the bike

you must have seen me then…

They did 600km in Tuscany in September just fine on the other hand

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mason Bokeh owners question(s)’ is closed to new replies.