Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Marzocchi xc700 bag of sh**e?!
  • five7five
    Free Member

got some of these last year.
    nowt but trouble recently…flaky stantions, knocking sound and now sticking down.
    anyone got any advice…excepting buying something decent!

Daffy

Yup – Complete tat. My mates steerer wabbled in the crown after 5 rides. the bushings/seals were shot after 10 and the lowers had ovalised after perhaps 20.

Sent back to Marzochhi broke came back more broke, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Binned after 30+rides. They weren’t worth repairing and couldn’t sell them as working.

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve been using the first version of these (well, since the new ones) since the end of 2006. I had one issue with air leaking between chambers but it was fixed quickly by Windwave and they’ve been faultless since. They still look really smart and even the 3D decals (which I thought would last two rides) have stayed on. The later versions seem to be very flaky indeed.

mieszko
    Free Member

Had 2007 XC500 and sold them as the bushing had play from new. got a reply from Marzocchi that it needs to be like that to allow the stanchions to move, never had so much play in any other fork and they worked better than the XC500. I got a Marzocchi as my old coil MX Comp was great.

Its on my mates bike, works fine for him as hes not bother by the play (as its not getting any worse).

As for 2008 forks the quality was even worse than 2007 so assuming that xc700 was the daddy of the lineup with all the bells and whistles than there`s a lot of things to go wrong 🙂 And I had problems with Doppio Air on my old Marathons S, the negative chamber was letting air out making the fork small bump sensitivity nonexistent.

I will wait till 2010 lineup and stay from Marzocchi for now.

Daffy

Marzochhi should never have contracted their fork production out to Suntour. They need to bring the more expensive fork manufacture/production back in-house. I won’t be buying any more Marz forks until they do.

five7five
    Free Member

i was hoping for a bit of light at the end of the tunnel but it appears their isnt any!
    the anodising is pants considering its a 550quid fork.
    i am gonna try sending em back to windwave…but i am worried given daffys point that they might not repair them properly.
    i dont have any flex in the bushings but there is a profound knock every time the fork extends?
    any ideas why they have stuck down?

druidh
    Free Member

“Stuck down” might be air escaping from the lower into the upper chamber. This was a known problem in the first models (2006), but I assumed they’d fix it in later versions.

five7five
    Free Member

i checked both chambers out on the ride yesterday when they first stuck down but they were as i had set them. 90lb and 85lb
    anyone had any experience with windwaves service?

Daffy

I’ve usually found them to be pretty good, but my mate had a mare of a time with the forks.

druidh
    Free Member

Mine were back in a week.

TheRealTandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have had very good service from windwave

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi xc700 bag of sh**e?!’ is closed to new replies.