Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Marzocchi air top cap
  • hydeaspire
    Free Member

So I dropped my bike a few days back, not even a scratch (or so I thought).
    Went to service my forks today and there is a huge chunk taken out of the side of the nut section of the air top cap meaning that without mauling it I cannot remove it to replace my seals.
    they are 2005 marzocchi drop of triples.
    Does anybody know where I might be able to source a new one?
    or even happen to have one sitting in a dusty box on a shelve in their garage.
    and please before anybody says just bin / replace them, i have three kids, an expensive Wife and a holiday to pay for before i can even contemplate that.

thanks for any help

StirlingCrispin

I might have one.
    Can you post a photo (or email me) to be sure.

hydeaspire
    Free Member

Thank you
    I am unable to get photo at the mo but it looks like this only black annodised https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb5347412/p4pb5347412.jpg
    (not fussed about the coating though tbh)
    the OD is about 29mm, is for 30mm stanchions and takes a 21mm socket to remove.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Windwave might be able to help. It’s for 32mm stanchions BTW.

hydeaspire
    Free Member

weird, I could’ve sworn they were 30mm, so much so I just measured them with calipers and they’re measuring 31mm??
    I would doubt the calipers but same measurement with two sets, one digital and the other mechanical.

hydeaspire
    Free Member

weird, I could’ve sworn they were 30mm, so much so I just measured them with calipers and they’re measuring 31mm??
    I would doubt the calipers but same measurement with two sets, one digital and the other mechanical.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

upto 2002 they were 30mm, after that 32mm.

hydeaspire
    Free Member

ok phones charged and able to take photos now, please see attached images.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ww4n9ainl1zr4ol/AAD4UhqnfPwtKIlw1hC6VEoka?dl=0
    first is date stamp on the lowers (upside down) oops
    second the undamadged air cap
    and lastly the caliper reading for the stanchons. really confused now! 😕

StirlingCrispin

Sorry – I don’t have one of them.
    (Thought you meant the top bit that screws on – which I have several of for various reasons).

hydeaspire
    Free Member

thank you very much anyway stirlingcrispin

hydeaspire
    Free Member

davidtaylforth
    would you know if these are the same as the ones used on jr T’S?
    Ive had a quick look on windwave and they don’t seem to have them,
    but if this is a shared part as i’d imagine it is there may be other searches I can use to find a replacement.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yup, pretty sure Jr T were 32mm, along with the All Mountain, Dirt Jump and Freeride series of forks. Various models had the air preload like your forks.

Best bet is give windwave a call or an email.

hydeaspire
    Free Member

Thank you so much, thats just widened my search by a mile 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Email me sprintmonkey at Gmail dot com, just checked my random parts bin and not only do I have what you’re after, I have a new boxed set of 32mm Marz bushes. I no longer own any relevant forks!

Ping me your details, stick a fiver in a charity tin of your choice and I’ll get em in the post.

hydeaspire
    Free Member

Thank you so much Crashtest monkey.
    I have PM’d you on here with my details and a link to a just giving page where I will make the donation in your name once they arrive if thats ok with you.
    for anyone else thats interested the donation will be going to the Neurofoundation who help provide support to families living with Neurofibramatosis.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi air top cap’ is closed to new replies.