Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Marzocchi 55 damper help
  • 16stonepig
    Free Member

Hi all,

i have a 2008 55 eta, in which I have replaced the TST micro cartridge due to the hydro-locking issue. The fork was working fine until half-way through this year's Mega week, when I noticed the compression blow-off apparently sticking open. After a not-even-big hit, I would be left with no compresssion damping at all.

Anyway, I'm wondering if it's possible to just ditch the tst cartridge and fit in one of the new RC3 jobs. Anyone have any experience of this?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Same forks here, and also done the cartridge with windwave. Not had your secondary issue though. Are you still under the 3 year warranty as windwave should sort out.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Unfortunately I bought mine from the US, so warranty exchange is not really an option. Certainly learnt my lesson there…

Deano100
    Free Member

Same model here and had the issue with forks packing down.Windwave sorted me out with new cartridge but one day I'll get round to sorting old cartridge using this….

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=563366

superdan

Ive been wondering about this too, far as I can figure its a standard attachment top and bottom and should just fit.
    Ive been thinking about trying to pick up a shagged set of 66s or something to strip the internals out of, try for some proper open bath oil and coil action

16stonepig
    Free Member

Think I've found the problem here.

The new cartridge is actually leaking oil from the piston seal at the bottom. Once a certain amount of oil has leaked, I'm left with an air bubble in the cart. If that air bubble stays at the top, beyond the compression valves, then the first hit works correctly. After that, I'm left with a mix of air and oil, and the damping stops working, until the whole system has settled down again.

So, now to try and strip down the cartridge and fit some new seals.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 55 damper help’ is closed to new replies.