Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mary bars – love ’em or hate ’em?
  • 51mon
    Free Member

Just gone to back to my non-Mary handle bar bike (old school straight bars with bar ends). Having used Mary bars on my singlespeed commuter and offroad bikes for two years now find the straighties very uncomfortable.

The hand position seems all wrong! Might have to invest in a 3rd set of Marys.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Same here. I’ve 2 sets of Mary Bars and a H-Bar.

“Normal” bars arn’t right

nickc

Too ugly, too rubbish on rocky descents

ton

i use em and love em
    but agree with richc
    they are crap on rocky stuff.
    comfiest ever for cruising .

Spud

Tried ’em on my SS and went back to risers. Couldn’t quite get used to them and my bloody lights wouldn’t fit properly.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Where can I get them? They are perfect for my wife.

ton

classifieds.

theflatboy
    Free Member

had them on my scandal when i got it and was prepared to give ’em a go. did so for about 2 months and didn’t get on with them. went back to trusty risers.

in fact, the marys are in my cupboard and i’m never going to use ’em so anyone who wants ’em, make an offer and more than likely they’re yours!

jfeb
    Free Member

I am about to take them off my Scandal. I quite like them but find

a) my hands migrate to the very edge of the bars and I end up holding the metal “lock on” rings on the grips – not very comfy. I think I need wider bars
    b) I just cant get my XT brake levers and shifter pods set up so that I can both 1-finger brake and reach the shifters comfortably

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve just switched from my riser barred bike to my Midge barred bike. I’d forgotten how much more comfortable the Midge bars are.

mikee
    Free Member

love them on me dog bike (dog walking)
    comfy most other places too
    but the techie singletrack i dont get on with them

ChrisS
    Free Member

Tried ’em on my ss for a while, didn’t really feel like I could get over the front and haul on them when climbing, swapped them for fleegle bars – which are great!

Clink

Since owning some H-bars everything else feels ‘wrong’! (even Marys). Just need to re-mortgage now to buy a second set.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mary bars – love ’em or hate ’em?’ is closed to new replies.