Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Mary Bars …. anyone use them ? … views please … lets see ur bars .. H bars
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

As title, looking at possibly a set of Marys bars for my SS if I cant get some H bars …..lets see your bars 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Ragley Carnegie’s are nice too

i ran my Marys upside down

BTW Tim @ sideways had a delivery of H’s last week

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Liking the Radleys as they dont sweep as far forward 🙂 ….. cant see any for sale though 🙁

m0rk
    Free Member

I’ve got them on my thrown together single speed – put them on after I mullered my hand late last year

They’re so comfortable. I’ve got them right way up with a really short stem otherwise I’m stretched out

big_scot_nanny

I used Ragley Carnegies for a while, and whilst I loved the feeling, stability and, bizarrely, confidence they gave, they also delivered bloody horrendous tennis elbow.

Changed back to normal bars, pain gone. Harrumph.

Kev

twoniner
    Free Member

I had the fleegle bars on my Scandal, as mental as they look they were really comfy.

epicyclo

Nice bend, comfy for 24 hours etc

scaredypants

I’ve used Marys – really comfy with a rigid fork, I found

Took ’em off as they/I NEED some dedicated bar-ends that take account of the big sweep angle

jamiep
    Free Member

I really want to like them but they are just too narrow for me

tazzymtb

rawland do some ace alt bars, wide too.

matt_outandabout

Biking near Killin by matt_outandabout, on Flickr
    I am liking them – comfy on longer rides, but find them too narrow and a tad too far back-swept. When I have the money, I will try out something different.
    Oddly, I am also finding a real difference trying to manual with them – maybe some odd wristy thing going on.

jameso

Mate’s just got some Salsa bend 2 bars, really nice. Wide with about 20 degree sweep.

ski
    Free Member

Love em!

Got me back on a bike after smashing my wrist up and still use them years after.

Ignore the fashion police, if you ride for hours, they are super comfy

tsd
    Free Member

Three years with them now. I intialy tried them after getting wrist ache with straight bars and not getting on with bar ends, have ache free on marys. Could be a bit wider and fitting lights is more of a challenge

vorlich
    Free Member

Used to have Marys, but Jones bars are better still, IMO. Bit of a price difference though…

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Am liking the salsa bend 2 bars 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Mary Bars …. anyone use them ? … views please … lets see ur bars .. H bars’ is closed to new replies.