Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)
  • Martyn Ashton – back on track
  • weeksy

made me a little sad along with quite proud.

daftvader
    Free Member

What an absolute brilliant video. Tears of pure joy for him. The Mrs will be the same when I show her this. A truly inspirational person and a testament to the phrase… Never give up.

alpin
    Free Member

yay and wow

firestarter
    Free Member

Great to see that smile and hear those giggle. Legend

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

its a joy to watch!

Thought it was Stiniog, convinced even but dont recognise that bit at the end along the river?

bearnecessities

Thanks very much for posting. Still strange mix of happiness/sadness when seeing his progress videos.

zinaru
    Free Member

yup, its an amazing and emotional video. what a guy, and an inspiration.

you can see what being on a bike means to him on his face, something we can all totally relate to…

andyl
    Free Member

Absolutely awesome.

This must be a new bit of google code to get youtube to use my laptops CPU fan to blow dust of out the keyboard into my eyes.

Wookster

im still smiling after watching that!!

scuttler

Brilliant! Proper made me smile.

Not unlike hanging out with snowboarders – you need to give ’em a little push or a tow every now and again.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Anything is possible… but only if you want it to be.

Martyn is a real life inspiration

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

*dusty in North Yorkshire*

Brilliant vid! Well done Ashton!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

The joy in his face is a bit overwhelming. Makes you really appreciate bikes and just how much pleasure they bring.

Wonderful video. Welcome back Martyn!

DrT
    Free Member

Thoroughly inspirational. Great video.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Love the video.. captures all everything about riding with your mates, the joy and smiles says it all. Well done chaps!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Top bloke with top mates.
    That has totally made my day.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had to wait until I got home to watch that, it’s quite the Sum of All Awes that, right there.

Top Man, Top Mates.

akira

Best grin ever.

nickc

What an absolute brilliant video. Tears of pure joy for him.

Me too

thepurist

Bloke rides bikes with mates. But what a bloke, and what mates. Brilliant stuff.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Very good

However lots of use of the worlds most cringey phrase”it’s dusty” load of nonsense

kilo

May be of interest for somafunk

e bike article in telegraph

karlwoof
    Free Member

Amazing to see Martyn back on a bike. Hope this is just the start of things to come for him.

zippykona

Crazy thought but surely he is what Top Gear needs.
    3 cheers for his mates as well.

salad_dodger

Best mates ever! Great video.

Markie
    Free Member

Glorious!

somafunk

apologies to others for slight thread hijack

kilo : Top stuff, Cheers for that link!, I’ve read about the typhoon motor before but not read that particular article, That’s decided it – I’ll be getting a Ti frame built (similar style to my tripster) with one for definite in the future. I see David Coulthard has one on order so i’ll ask him for all the info and more when he’s up this way soon, his F1 museum is being moved from it’s current place in Twynholm into a section of the chocolate factory where i work as a chocolatier (still in twynholm) and he’s coming up after the British GP for a grand opening. I went to school with him and know him reasonably well so I’ll badger him till i get all the inside info on it and how close it is to possible production.

Where do i find the 5 figure sum from?, never mind i still have two healthy kidneys, i only need one 😀

hora
    Free Member

Wow (full stop).

lunge

Brilliant, the interview is even better. He is an absolute inspiration.

stumpy01

Just watched it again and it was just as grin-inducing the second time round.

Massively inspirational and he is clearly someone with a great mindset and a positive idea of how he wants to live his life regardless of the barriers.

I don’t think it is appropriate to feel this way, but I have a real pang of sadness for people like Martyn Ashton who have a ‘bad day at the office’ and end up with life changing injuries, even though they must know the risks involved.

mboy
    Free Member

Fighting back the tears here! WOW!

He was a hero to me almost 20 years ago, and he’s remained as relevant to the sport of cycling in all that time too. To see him back on a bike with a grin on his face is quite frankly, the best thing I’ve seen in ages!

What a Bloke! 😀

baldman
    Free Member

Amazing and inspirational!

Mini baldman was asking why are you smiling so much daddy? Definite lump in throat.

Great to see him back in the saddle, there must be something in the e-bike idea – not just for Martin either.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The way he has held himself through this whole ordeal has been incredible,

having followed his progress and updates I was worried he wasn’t being strong, he was being deluded and in denial, and that he risked a massive emotional and psychological collapse when his limitations or lack of progress caught up with him.

It appears I was wrong. which I am delighted about. Quite dusty here, too.

mintimperial

😀 Completely **** brilliant.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

“Dusty” ha ha at you boys! I cried tears of joy, such a fantastic video to watch, the best bit were the sounds of his giggles and smiles as we ALL know exactly how that feels riding trails like that.

Awesome stuff.

Gary_C

Brilliant film. 🙂

Watched the other two films too where he gives an overview of his bike & talks candidly about his injury.

Inspiring.

piemonster

That is fantastic. As mentioned earlier, its the look of joy on his face that really hits it home.

Just wow.

Don’t know him, likely never will. But honest heart felt hope that his life has more of that joy.

duncancallum

The guys just an absolute legend.

Legend 20yrs ago even bigger one now.

whitestone
    Free Member

Just lovely.

Watched it (without sound) at work and with sound just now.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Mascara wrecked. Awesome.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Martyn Ashton – back on track’ is closed to new replies.