Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Marshalling at an Enduro – should I take my bike?
  • euain

Oh STW font of wisdom..

I’m marshalling over the weekend at Pitfichie. Trying to decide whether to take my bike along. It’d be handy transport and fun to play on the trails getting to my post. It could be a pain in the arse if I’ve got to lug stuff about or worry about it getting swiped.

Anyone marshalled similar? Did you / would you take your bike?

benpinnick

Defo no bike. You’ll get dropped somewhere at a moments notice. Bikes are not a good option. Take a (camping!) chair or a sit mat, some food and a hot drink. Food etc will be provided of course but you’ll always want more. oh and heckle and cheer. It makes the day go faster 😉

Northwind

Not so clearcut, there’s often been times where I could have taken my bike and it’d have been actually useful, other times when I’ve ended up hiking out with my body weight in tape. Weather plays a part, the less nice it looks the more clothes and waterproofs and coffee and kit you want.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    euain

Think I’ll throw it in the back of the car and play it by ear after the briefing.

Now to look out my thermos.

Good luck everyone riding at Pitfichie – we were out playing on the trails earlier this week and they look lovely!

vincienup
    Free Member

Ask the organisers is probably best. Some events seem to encourage marshalls to have bikes and even offer quiet runs as an incentive in some cases.

I could see why some organisers might want to deposit marshalls from a landy though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Marshalling at an Enduro – should I take my bike?’ is closed to new replies.