Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Mars- anyone else seen the recent news….
  • hora
    Free Member

Using a HUGE stretch of the imagination/two leaps forward.

You’ll need to have seen the news/Mars Rover reports for this and a bit of imagination…..

From what I gather there used to be a similar environment to earth on mars but the electrical polar field reversed etc which fracked the sky and killed/decimated everything completely.

I think man lived on Mars, had a massive war and someone pressed the nuclear button that decimated the atmosphere (similar to the sky in the film the Matrix). A small band of men and woman managed to escape in a pod that landed on earth (shades of Superman).

:mrgreen:

edlong
    Free Member

Kaesae? Is that you? What have you done to hora?

clubber
    Free Member

You’re probably right. And there was a proto-human-martian-Hora desperate to spread his seed to repopulate the planet back then too, no doubt 🙂

hora
    Free Member

clubber abit like Highlander? I could be a wee bit older than Connor MacLeod.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

did all the women have 3 boobs?

hora
    Free Member

Ha! Another movie reference 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Hasn’t the earths magnetic field reversed quite recently. That’s recently in a geological timescale.

But to go along with the premise a bit…
    If man had escaped in a pod from mars hundreds of thousands of years ago why would they go back to living in caves, talking in urrghs and rediscovering fire. Rather than just continuing to live in the scientifically advanced manner that they had been doing on mars.

clubber
    Free Member

Only one woman had three in that film…

CountZero

Mars’ biggest problem is that it has no heavy elements to speak of, no heavy metallic core, and is effectively dead, so there is no tectonic activity, and low gravity, so the atmospheric oxygen just drifted out of the atmosphere. Terraforming the planet would be possible, but it would have to be ongoing, to maintain an oxy-nitro mix in the air.

thepurist

And there was a proto-human-martian-Hora desperate to

change the escape pod for one that was a bit slacker/steeper/taller/shorter/longer travel/shorter travel/different colour/higher BB/lower BB etc.

loddrik
    Free Member

Not Mars you fool, Barsoom!!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Hora, I thought better of you, but you are blatantly a tin foil hat wearing fruitloop!!

Don’t you need 3 hands to make the most of 3 boobs?

FuzzyWuzzy

Last program I watched which discussed the Earth’s pole flipping again (it’s overdue) reckoned it wouldn’t actually be as catastrophic as some have claimed in the past – in fact very little would happen weather-wise etc. it would just be our navigation tech that went screwy. Pigeons may be **** to but then who cares?

loddrik
    Free Member

Some if us like pigeons, but then I own rats.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Women are from Mars.
    men are from Venus.

Fact.

hora
    Free Member

Hora, I thought better of you, but you are blatantly a tin foil hat wearing fruitloop!!

I grew up with Teachers telling us about nuclear winter, armaggedon etc. Many a night I woke up to vivid dreams of a nuclear strike!

CountZero

Some if us like pigeons, but then I own rats.

Little difference, just fur or feathers… 😉

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I see a entrepreneurial enterprise brewing~ I’m going to get a warehouse full of reverse compasses.

dknwhy

So disappointed. I opened this thread in the hope they were releasing a Trio bar only to find it’s about the planet.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v–IqqusnNQ[/video]

binners

I grew up with Teachers telling us about nuclear winter, armaggedon etc. Many a night I woke up to vivid dreams of a nuclear strike!

Nah. I do that all the time. Its when, in your sleep, you’ve just let rip with a guff that’s so explosive, its the equivalent to being at ground zero, below a 7 megatonne blast

kimbers

i imagine if you killed all the pidgeons thered be a surge in the rat population

i quite like pidgeons though they are an excellent example of evolutionary adaptation

binners

For gods sake, will somebody think of the cockroaches!

mogrim

A rare photo showing hora and binners just after landing:

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Well, did you ever…what a swell party this is !!

loddrik
    Free Member

A rare photo showing hora and binners just after landing:

😆

allthegear
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive –

That shows worryingly little imagination…

Rachel

epicyclo

jivehoneyjive – Member

Maybe a long tongue would help…. 🙂

mega
    Free Member

did all the women have 3 boobs?

“Awww baby you’re making me wish I had 3 hands”

piemonster

😕 Oh dear, oh dear oh dear oh dear

MrWoppit
    Free Member

decimated the atmosphere

What happened to the rest of it, afterwards?

maxtorque

muppetWrangler

But to go along with the premise a bit…
    If man had escaped in a pod from mars hundreds of thousands of years ago why would they go back to living in caves, talking in urrghs and rediscovering fire. Rather than just continuing to live in the scientifically advanced manner that they had been doing on mars.

Because a certain amount of infrastructure must exist before technology becomes viable. For example, you need a coal mine and an iron ore mine, to make steel to make a bridge. Then you need the steelworks. So even if you know how to make steel, you might not be able to do it. In fact, the limiting factor will be the population, so you might need to spend a while doing subsistance farming to support enough people, so then you can move to agribuisness farming so that those people can now concentrate on mining, and so on etc.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Mars- anyone else seen the recent news….’ is closed to new replies.