Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Marmite bike – shield your eyes
  • v8ninety

That’s brilliant. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!

nickc

Amazing looking bike, would love to have a go on it 😀

higgi
    Free Member

got my fatty built up recently . love fatbikes . I always wanted one

JohnClimber
    Free Member

bedmaker – Member

Have you ridden the forks yet John? Or tried grabbing the wheel and shoving it side to side to see if it hits the sides?
    They are truly ugly but I really can’t wait for mine to arrive

I’ve ridden the 29er version for the last 4 months and I love them, yes the top of the wheel does move about 12mm either way when climbing out of the saddle but the small bump vibration elimination is better than any fork I’ve ever ridden.
    A short Fat fork ride this afternoon felt a little stiffer than the 29er and with very little lateral movement.

I made this last month

jeffl

Looks great apart from the BB7s. Can you get some anodised blue hope brakes to match the rest of it?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

JohnClimber – Member
    howsyourdad1 – Member
    What is it?
    The next generation Fat Bike from Travers Bikes http://www.traversbikes.com
    With the new light weight fat 60mm fork from Lauf http://www.laufforks.com

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BLc5mvOGgxc[/video]

I have no idea of the purpose of it but I would want a go for sure!

mrhoppy

It’s revoltingly brilliant.

ton

back end is ok.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I love BB7’s sorry

bearnecessities

You know how in your distant past, there’s been a lady you wouldn’t normally be in conversation with, but after 10 pints you’d given it a try, committed to her place, and you have then woken up in total shame, plus in the situation of having to make a hasty exit without hurting her feelings?

I don’t feel that for your bike.

It’s just plain f******g awful!

DickBarton

Second picture – I see someone has already called you a taxi…

I didn’t like the look of it, then I looked again and it is ok, however, I’m still unconvinced about fat tyres so if you can redo that without the fat tyres, then that would look awesome.

I suspect it’ll ride well (for what it is – it won’t break speed records but I bet it’ll ride over a sh!tload more varied terrain than most other bikes will!)…should be a right laugh.

qwerty
    Free Member

OMFG, Yes, No, eek, Ooooh, vomit, hmmm, niice.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Yeah that looks Awesome! GJ

teamslug
    Free Member

I would normally say ‘ grass needs cutting’ but this time it’s ‘ leave the grass to grow and hide that monstrosity’!!!

colournoise

stumpy01 – Member
    Apart from the bars, I really like that.

+1 (in spite of my best intentions)

Needs more blue though. Pedals, grips and saddle accents.

badbob
    Free Member

so different! would love to have a go!

MrNice
    Free Member

That’s a two bagger and no mistake but I’m sure she’s a great ride

postierich
    Free Member

I,m in the haterz group! Sorry

maxtorque

winner of this weeks “STW Niche of the week” award! 😉

convert

That fork is really not a looker is it. Interesting idea though. Are there different versions with different layups for the carbon springs depending on your weight?

And the bars, gopping too.

It raises the bar on niche to another level.

bedmaker

Are there different versions with different layups for the carbon springs depending on your weight?

There’s two options, heavy and lightweight. Above or below 85kg iirc

martinxyz
    Free Member

the small bump vibration elimination is better than any fork I’ve ever ridden.

I’m a bit lost. With this size of tyre, isn’t it doing that job regardless of fork?

Clobber
    Free Member

I **** love that! Nice job!

kayak23

Looks nice except for the bars. Are there any benefits to those bars apart from niche points?
    They look-
    A- Heavy
    B- Awkwardly shaped for aggressive riding.
    C- Like shit.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

^ + 8 billion 😆

JohnClimber
    Free Member

The benifits of the Jones Loop Bars are many but the main one is comfort over longer rides as there are many more different places for your hands than you get on trail centre handlebars 😉

hilldodger
    Free Member

The “comfort thing” about those bars always confuses me, surely if the bike is set up right and the rider is able bodied the conventional bar should be fine irrespective of the distance/time ridden?

I’ve always comfort is achieved by moving the body around in between the fixed contact points of bars and pedals

convert

Would you genuinely need/want to put your hands in the middle section? If so, wouldn’t a pair of clip on stubby aero bars do the job better (think old skool spinacis) giving you ability to adjust angle independently of the main bars like that bloke who did the SDW double double the other week. It wouldn’t make the bike any prettier though!

I’m all up for innovation but I too struggle to see the proper justification for those bars. I think Jeff Jones must have a big old shed of excess tubing he brazes onto bars and forks!

ononeorange

Well, I think it’s brilliant! Good job!

hilldodger
    Free Member

… I too struggle to see the proper justification for those bars

Great trademark though isn’t it 😉

Trimix
    Free Member

Its just mechanical art, which happens to be something you can ride.

cokie

You know when your mother taught you not to stare at the hideous fat thing but you just can’t stop staring with an open mouth and jaw hitting the floor? That.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What Cokie said
    However my 1st thought was, ‘why’?

(‘Cos I could’, would be the answer I’d guess)
    Good on you for being brave enough to build something so fugly!

robcolliver
    Free Member

I’d ride it.
    Just as it is.
    It built to do a job – it will do it well.
    It wouldn’t be my choice for another SDW DD, but for go anywhere riding, you are infront of me!

Enjoy it.

hora
    Free Member

OP do you also have interesting facial hair and/or dress ‘not high street’ to gain attention in bars?

tomd
    Free Member

Looks like a really nice bike. Not exactly my cup of tea but I bet it’ll be a hoot to ride and fair play for trying something a bit different.

tazzymtb

Travers make lovely frames, yet you somehow manage to turn them into the most gopping eyesores in christendom. If it were me, Id refuse to sell you another one as that bike is like taking a dump in kyle Minogues eye socket, you have wantonly ruined a thing of beauty in your quest for look at meeeeeeeeee, man alive, what’s wrong witb blutos, they work and dont look like Stephen hawkings legs!

Jones bars are nice though 😀

mogrim

That is truly ugly – those forks 😯

And I like marmite.

DezB
    Free Member

Gave me a right chuckle when I opened the pic. Looks expensive and kinda hip.

spawnofyorkshire

Nice bike OP

And yes i do like marmite

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Marmite bike – shield your eyes’ is closed to new replies.