Marlys Bike Shop on Pink Bike

Home Forum Bike Forum Marlys Bike Shop on Pink Bike

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Marlys Bike Shop on Pink Bike
  • peterfile

There’s something a wee bit suspect about him IMO. It’s not a bike shop, think it’s just a guy (the ads say that swaps for a DH frame will be considered).

A slightly used Cove G Spot appeared on Pinkbike, didn’t sell and I then spotted it on ebay where it did sell.

Now he seems to be selling another one using the exact same pictures on Pinkbike again? Just checked the ebay sale and it was paid for, feedback has been left etc.

zelak999

Anyone bought anything from Marlys on Pinkbike?
    Any issues?

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I’d mention that to their mods, Pinkbike unlike a certain other forum I could mention takes a very hard line on iffy sellers. Still full of scammers but they do try.

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

a certain other forum I could mention

BR? 😉

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Nah, BR has reduced scams by making it impossible to post for sale ads without breaking one of the 1000 secret rules.

zelak999

Mmmm same with the Bandit i’m thinking about buying.
    It was on eBay as a complete bike which sold etc.
    Then on PB for sale in bits by the same chap.
    Its a good price and looks in good nick but the seller wont accept Paypal.
    Its too far for me to travel.
    I guess its the same old thing – if it looks too good to be true….it probably is!

fd3chris

I’ve seen his ads too but luckily he is near me and I did ask him once about an item and he was up for a meet at his place . So maybe he isn’t dodgy ?

MoseyMTB

When they sell on eBay and show up somewhere else it’s because the seller bid up their item and accidentally won.

I had the same situation, bike on pinknike that had sold in eBay, and the seller told me that himself.

So the bike on eBay never actually sold.

Also the guy selling the bandit really isn’t helping himself:-

PAYMENT IS ONLY TO ME MADE VIA BANK TRANSFER OR CASH ON COLLECTION – NO PAYPAL

ALSO ANY OFFERS ON THESE ITEMS WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO, PRICES ARE FIRM AND CHEAP

johncobbmail

hello I bought from this guy and he tool my money sent me some cranks and them deleted the ad the cranks was nothing like the ones I wanted they are bb30 and 175mm not 170mm he has not blocked my on pinkbike and wont sort out money.
    if you have delt with this guy you must report him or he will keep getting away with this,
    its easy to report go to the bottom of his prifile and there is a put on to report him.
    does anyone have his address at all he had no return address on his package, he owes me nearly £200

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Marlys Bike Shop on Pink Bike’ is closed to new replies.