• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by tomd.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mark Manson
  • Kryton57

I’ve been off ill – and still recovering – this week, and when I could start reading a bit I started with Mark Mansons “The art of not giving a F*ck” (That’s the book title not swear avoidance).  As I progress through he week I found his blog articles also – Markmanson.net.

I find him very down to earth and particulalry for “life” in general with some basic values that perhaps it’s good for us all to rediscover document in a very non psychological way.  If you are struggling with direction, anxiety or stress I can throughout recommended it – don’t be swayed by the title.

Anyone else read his stuff and have an opinion?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No but it does sound appealing, will search my library.

darthpunk
    Free Member

I liked “The art of not giving a F*ck”, and his podcast (which was just the blog articles read out) It comes across a lot more genuine and real life than some of the stuff out there. I paired it up with the Dalai Lamas “The art of Hapiness” and Brad Warners “Hardcore Zen” in an attempt to level me out (it’s not worked yet)

Got Mansons second book “Everything is F*cked: A book about hope” – I’ve not read it yet, I keep getting distracted by other things in my reading list

Kryton57

keep getting distracted by other things

Check out his blogs, each article is short some 3 mins some 20 mins.  Really good for stepping in and out of the psychology / getting reminders.

scruff9252

I listened to this in audiobook format last summer, it is indeed really very good.

pondo

Added to my list, thank you. 🙂

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m about halfway through the book.

Not found it overly interesting so far but having looked at his website, some of the articles look to be worth a read.

tomd
    Free Member

My wife is very into his work, I’ve read a bit of it. Definitely interesting but perhaps some of it drifts off the STW approved thought on certain subjects.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mark Manson’ is closed to new replies.