• This topic has 46 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Mark Kermode
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Starting to vanish up his own arse?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Never…the man's a legend.

ton

who is mark kermode

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

who is mark kermode

Never mind ton, it's approaching culture talking about him.

ton

ho, it's like that now is it………

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I just thought I'd let you stick to executing child abusers mate

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Poor man's Mark Lamarr 😉

ton

film critic
    wine critic
    food critic
    free loading tosspot……..

dd, why the badness.
    i have never attacked you……..

trailmonkey

dull
    smug
    vain
    self opinionated
    blinkered
    egotistical
    self important
    cockasaurus rex

(this list is not exhaustive)

wwaswas

his dad was alright.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry ton, I was only teasing mate…smileys aren't working on my pooter at the moment…I would have stuck one in otherwise.

For the record, I like Kermode. I tend to agree with him on most of his film opinions apart from not liking horror at all. He's incredibly witty and intelligent, plays a musical instrument and lets be fair, he's forgotten most about cinema than most of us will ever know.

ton, sorry again mate…I'm not an attacker.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry ton, I was only teasing mate…smileys aren't working on my pooter at the moment…I would have stuck one in otherwise.

For the record, I like Kermode. I tend to agree with him on most of his film opinions apart from not liking horror at all. He's incredibly witty and intelligent, plays a musical instrument and lets be fair, he's forgotten most about cinema than most of us will ever know.

ton, sorry again mate…I'm not an attacker.

fbk
    Free Member

Starting to vanish? He disappeared from sight a long time ago. Amazing how he still sounds so clear on the Radio!!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Talks out of his poo hole these days – all that metaphorical mumbo jumbo lingo crapo 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

brillant guy admits when he is wrong, erudite on the subject of films, often insightful and incisive with reviews, opinionated indeed but does listen to others arguements as proven today by the the debate with Dara O'Brien. Essential listening given the drivel on Radio 1, at times on Radio 2 and lets not start on commercial radio, dear lord no
    this list
    dull
    smug
    vain
    self opinionated
    blinkered
    egotistical
    self important
    cockasaurus rex
    refers to the saviour of Radio 1 Chris Moyles!

Harry_the_Spider

Well, I like him.

Philby

As a regular Radio 5 listener I tend to turn the radio off when Kermode starts over-intellectualising about some new film release. He needs to spend more time in the real world and not in the bloody cinema.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member

dull
    smug
    vain
    self opinionated
    blinkered
    egotistical
    self important
    cockasaurus rex

(this list is not exhaustive)

You shouldn't be so harsh on yourself, mate.

( 😉 )

MrWoppit
    Free Member

D'You think he's been on an Alpha course?
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    IGMC.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I like MK. He's very knowledgeable and articulate and, although he can be a bit too much at times, I think it's because he is just so enthusiastic about film. I remember he banged on at length about "Pan's Labyrinth", so I thought I'd better watch it to see what all the fuss was about – sure enough, it was a brilliant film.

MrAgreeable

I like him, he's a nice contrast to the kind of rubbish that passes for film reviews these days (e.g. sycophantic interviews with the stars). However if I had to pick a favourite film critic it would be this chap:

foxyrider
    Free Member

over-intellectualising about some new film release

Spot on in my opinion 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Philby I wish I could be so eloquent, you are spot on sir and I salute you.

Jamie
    Free Member

Could be worse…..Andrew Collings could be standing in for him.

grumm
    Free Member

I like him – very listenable.

robgarrioch

Yeah, quite enjoy the Mayo-show podcasts, Kermode seems less stuffy on there, & his blogs, than the telly shows. Usually agree with his film opinions, and occasionally don't – how he could slag the Coens for 'Burn After Reading' (coming after 'No Country…') and let Del Toro off for 'Hellboy 2' (coming after 'Pans Labyrinth') shows helluva double standard I think.

chakaping
    Free Member

He's a foolish middle aged snob.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He's a foolish middle aged snob.

You do realise we're talking about Kermode here and not your average STWer don't you?

robgarrioch

Ouch – I'm not a snob! 🙂

roper
    Free Member

The way he talks these days I think he has become the Jilly Goolden of film.

sideshowdave
    Free Member

well i like him and listen to the podcast every week ,makes me laught a lot ,don't always agree with him but who does 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ton – Member

ho, it's like that now is it………

ton, don't worry about it mate – I'd never heard of him either.

And actually I thought, "the geezer sounds like a right nonce to me".

So I googled him. And this is what I came up with :

He was born NOT Mark Kermode, but Mark Fairey. He went to The Haberdashers' Aske's Boys' School.
    And he claims to have been a "revolutionary communist"

So why did he change his name from "Fairey" ……… something to hide, eh ?
    And what sort of "boy's school" teaches it's boys to do girlie sewing, eh ?

These sick perverts just disgust me ……..

And WTF is "Radio 5" ….never heard of it – sounds like a radio station for nonces to me 😕

robgarrioch

They had a live show from Edinburgh a few months back, broadcast on nonces-favourite 5-live radio, where a clever audience member tried to embarass Dr. Kermode with the change of surname – said nonce put in his place via simple explanation by the hero Kermode 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

One of the cleverest and wittiest people on radio – some of you need to remember that what he says isn't actually life and death, you know….

DaveGr
    Free Member

Think his favourite film is "The Exorcist" which while great back in the day IMO doesn't stand to the same scrutiny today. So more of a retrobike person??

But went on an internet date to see Pans Labyrinth 'cos he kept banging on about it. Not the date but the film you understand. Film was good, date wasn't …..

Yardley_Hastings
    Free Member

MK and Mayo are good entertainment on the radio / podcast.

after quite a lot of exposure to the radio over the past couple of weeks I'm coming to the conclusion that Mayo is one of the pre-eminent broadcasters in the UK, seems to be able to handle a huge range of discussion in a coherent manner, be interesting to see how he fairs on R2 next year, possibly better than Evans will in the wogan slot, maybe the ginger one is just clearing the way for the dream team of Radcliffe and Lard to take over the R2 breakfast show?????

vondally
    Free Member

agree about Mayo, did not realise he was off to Radio 2 that is a loss, surely it will bve Radcliffe and Marconi off to Breakfast far far superor than Mark and lard, truely great radio!

snowslave

Obscure Kermode fact. He played guitar in a band called Russians Eat Bambi in Manchester, around the mid 80s. They appeared at various small warehouse parties in Whalley Range etc. Lead singer looked like a sort of mad zombie, wore mahoosive platform soles and arrived on stage on a skateboard. And they were all really nice people.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Obscure Kermode fact 2. His real name was Mark Fairy, but he changed it and I must say I find his choice of surname…erm…puzzling?

user-removed
    Free Member

sp – did you read any of this thread?!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Mark Kermode’ is closed to new replies.