• This topic has 131 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by weeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Mark Cavendish
  • jimdubleyou

Thumbs up to this:

Holy **** to this.

IHN

Indeed!

desperatebicycle

Shit, poor fella.

onewheelgood
    Klunk
    Free Member

damn that’s horrific! 🙁 hope his family and him are OK!

kelvin

That is horrific.

masterdabber
    Free Member

So sorry to hear this….. just hope Cav and his lovely family can get over this. Not easy though.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

A cowardly attack in the extreme – attacking an individual in their home whilst they are recovering from 2 broken ribs & a punctured lung.

hatter

That is truly horrible, all that trauma and horror that those kids will have to live with for the rest of their lives, all for a few bloody watches?

Scum

matt_outandabout

Awful.

franksinatra

Especially terrifying giving that his job requires him to be away from home frequently, for extended periods. How can he ever relax now when away racing?

Poor fella.

itlab
    Free Member

all for a few bloody watches

To add a bit of of context to explain what would drive scumbags to go to such horrific lengths for a pair of watches.

I don’t think it’s been confirmed which watches were stolen but He was/is sponsored by Richard Millie. Most of their watches go for between £150000 and £500000 each although some can be more. (Yep You’ve read that right half a million).

Lando Norris the F1 driver was also robbed of one at Wembley earlier this year.

fasthaggis

That is horrendous,hope they are tracked down.

JAG

It was these two apparently…

Are they Richard Millie?

lister

They’re gopping.

franksinatra

Looking at those watches suggests that more than one crime has been committed

rockandrollmark

Those are both indeed Richard Mille watches (and as has been noted, perhaps an acquired taste).

Half a million – that’s not even close to the ceiling of RM watches: https://superwatchman.com/fernando-alonso-richard-mille-rm-50-03-mclaren/

A horrific crime, and awful to think that you could be putting your life at risk just for owning something that your hard work afforded you.

singletrackmind

If i was a billionaire i would not buy one of those. Fugly as sin and unreadable. Its a statement of wealth and a trinket, might as well wear a crown down the shops.
    Having said that i do think the gits that broke in and stole them are utter scum and vile humans.

bfw

Not for £0.5M watches, but this type of thing happens around here quite often (KT7). A neighbour was beaten up on his drive last week when he disturbed guys who had jacked his car up and was sawing his CatConv off a hybrid. This was at 5pm in relative light, they smacked him and stole the family dog.

A few local families have been held at knife point, families tied up and the house ransacked. We now have a alarm that is set after dark. With a panic buttons to the operators that can look inside the house on the camera’s and call Rozzers. Dont even start me on bike-jacks around Richmond Park…

PS – the Cat tea-leaf’s have been caught

bfw

I cant see any way quick out of this in this country, prison doesn’t work does it?!!

IdleJon

A neighbour was beaten up on his drive last week when he disturbed guys who had jacked his car up and was sawing his CatConv off a hybrid. This was at 5pm in relative light, they smacked him and stole the family dog.

Came for the cat and took the dog instead.

MoreCashThanDash

Shocking as this is, and horrible if you area victim, robberies like this happen all over the country and all the time, and probably have done since one caveman had a better flint axe than the scrote caveman down the road.

I hope they all get the support they need to come to terms with what happened, and the thieving bastards get caught

Cougar

I’m not going to comment on “rich man has expensive watches” because meh.

But I do know what it’s like to be burgled. It’s a violation, after it happened a second time to me it messed me up for years. I’d come home and look through the translucent glass in the door just so so that I could see the LEDs I expected to see in the next room before I dared open it. Being away from home for more than a day or so and I’d start to panic. It’s horrible.

For that to happen whilst still in the house, man, if they don’t need extensive counselling and support after that then they’re stronger people than I am. That must’ve been utterly horrific.

Bunnyhop

Mark will be on the Dermot O’Leary radio 2 show this morning (8am – 10am)

kilo

PS – the Cat tea-leaf’s have been caught

Good, had mine knicked a few miles away in Sw19 and it cost me £1100 on a bog standard Honda and that’s not even with Honda parts.

singletrackmind

On air shortly, approx 0910 sat BBCR2.
    Could be intersting

Klunk
    Free Member

first win of the year for Mark @ Tour of Oman, from way back!

weeksy

Nice win.

Sadly I’m not seeing it on Eurosport.

MoreCashThanDash

Let’s hope he stays fit and can time his peak for July….

crazy-legs

Let’s hope he stays fit and can time his peak for July….

He’s not on the Tour squad. At least, not yet but there was some fairly definitive comments that Cav would not be at the Tour.

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/10355/mark-cavendish-2022-tour-de-france

That Tour of Oman stage was amazing though, he came from a long way back, timed it perfectly.

28mpg
    Free Member

He’s not on the Tour squad. At least, not yet but there was some fairly definitive comments from the DS that Cav would not be at the Tour.

Nowt like a bit of drama…. They said this last year too.

Once they work out they haven’t a cat’s chance in hell of a jersey they will end up taking cav to break mercx record to salvage some limelight and leqiipe front pages from the tour….but ultimately there’s only about 4/5 sprinter stages is there not so probably pointless taking cav.

weeksy

TBH i’d have thought winning just 1 stage with him is worth more than 4-5 wins with anyone else they have in the very talented squad, the reason is that if they can get him 1 win, that photo will be the photo to end all photos, it’ll be the ONE…. the one where he broke the record and every time sprinting, TDF etc comes up, they’ll bring out that pic or that lead in and obviously all the sponsorship on the jersey.

MoreCashThanDash

Nowt like a bit of drama…. They said this last year too.

Very true.

TBH i’d have thought winning just 1 stage with him is worth more than 4-5 wins with anyone else they have in the very talented squad, the reason is that if they can get him 1 win, that photo will be the photo to end all photos, it’ll be the ONE…. the one where he broke the record and every time sprinting, TDF etc comes up, they’ll bring out that pic or that lead in and obviously all the sponsorship on the jersey.

Also true, marketeers dream. The danger is the iconic image is one of him sat against a barrier with another broken collar bone,

28mpg
    Free Member

Lefevres a marketing man.

He knows that by not naming him initially he gets press column inches and it keeps them in the press right now.

sparksmcguff

This:

Lefevres a marketing man.

The season hasn’t properly started. There is a long time to go before the tour. Cav is already winning in a quick step squad made up of neo-pros. Lefevre is already generating column inches with his “predictions”. And even if Cav doesn’t get to the tour, even if he crashes out he does so a winner for QS. Count the column inches over the next couple of months and then take a guess at who is going to the tour.

rOcKeTdOg

Let’s not forget up until June 2021 Cav wasn’t going to the tour then either. So plenty of time yet for others to fall by the wayside

Klunk
    Free Member

UAE Tour starting on sunday should be interesting

Mark vs Elia vs Sam vs Jasper vs Caleb vs Arnaud

weeksy

Excellent ! Look forward to that.

I hate to write him off…. but that’s a bunch of sprint talent there to take on.

Klunk
    Free Member

Nice win for Mark Today, was badly boxed in yesterday and only Caleb missing !

1 CAVENDISH Mark
    2 PHILIPSEN Jasper
    3 ACKERMANN Pascal
    5 DÉMARE Arnaud
    14 GROENEWEGEN Dylan
    17 BENNETT Sam
    24 VIVIANI Elia

MoreCashThanDash

Nice

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.