Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Mark Anthony (activesport.co.uk) – Not that useless afterall
  • rjhazell
    Free Member

Heard some bad press on the above in this forum..

The lost my oder for my Sanderson Breath frame… So they’re now sending me a ‘Life’… At no extra cost!

How’s that for customer service?

RJH

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what not giving you what you ordered?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I stopped using them years ago after being sent the wrong items at no extra cost along with being a bit arsey.

rjhazell
    Free Member

So I’ve waited 2 days longer than their quoted lead time and they’ve given me a better frame (same geometry but 853 instead of cromo)… Yep, definately done up like a kipper, make sure not to use them again 😐

bland

Yeah but they still cocked up in the first place, you just happen to be lucky, normally they take your money and send you something, possibly what you ordered and occasionally the same year you ordered it.

Id say lucky once, second time………………

geoffj

So they’re now sending me a ‘Life’… At no extra cost!

So you’ve not yet received this upgrade?

legend
    Free Member

Sounds like they’ve replaced an order for something they don’t have with one that’s lying in stock. Good way of clearing the shelves I suppose

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Ive always had great service from them. Over the internet and at the shop in Buxton.

kelvinh
    Free Member

Highly likely the OP is actually Mark himself trying desperately to lose his bad reputation.

I’m sure all the bad press he has had must have hit him hard. He never did that well anyway doubt business is booming now.

Maybe the other poster who said he had a good experience is also Mark or one of his minions.
    I don’t believe it is a valid post for 1 second as no one gets a good experience heh dealing with them.
    I should know!

scaredypants

Nearly put up a thread earlier asking for any +ve stories as they seem to be the only “stockists” of something I want

BoardinBob

Crap. Just ordered something from him last night 😥

jasonm945
    Free Member

I’ve used them a few times, I can also remember when the shop was in Belper!
    Never had any issues and I am not employed by them!

Jay

rephlexer

bunch of w*nk$rs

Needed my rear VanR bushings changed in a hurry a few years back when I was a lad and hadn’t figured out how to do it properly myself.

Shock had never been off the bike from brand new.

Guy in shop says ‘no problem leave it with me we can get those parts’ – left the whole bike in the shop and got it back a few days later and turns out he’d used a hammer and chisel to batter out the eylet bending the end of the shock and obviously ruining it. New bushings lasted three rides and after Stif diagnosed what had been done took it back and guy flat denied he’d done anything wrong and it was like that when I brought it in. Also laughed, asked me what I expected from coming back to the shop and invited me to take him to court.

Cowboy idiots who don’t deserve customers – avoid

Crell
    Free Member

Was it? I remember Cyclone in the 90’s but not MA being there.

jasonm945
    Free Member

Crell – Member
    Was it? I remember Cyclone in the 90’s but not MA being there.

Definitely on the main street, 3 storeys of dingy 10×10 rooms, clothes on the bottom floor and toilet used as a changing room. Bought my Mrs a Trek 920 from them…

76 Bridge Street….

scotroutes

I emailed them a last week back about a 2011 frame they were showing as “in stock”. I was told they are sold out. I replied pointing out it was still on their website.

It’s still there.

nealglover
    Free Member

I don’t believe it is a valid post for 1 second as no one gets a good experience heh dealing with them.
    I should know!

So do you know that ” no one gets a good experience dealing with them” ?

Or do you just know that you didn’t ?

There is a big difference.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve never had a problem with Mark Anthony – or Dave Hinde for that matter, though I know that there lots of vocal and bitter people on here who have.

Went through Buxton today for the first time in a while and noticed that the Mark Anthony shop on the roundabout seems to have reopened since I was last there?

bowie278
    Free Member

@MCTD, yeah apparently it’s not just bikes now. He does a few other bits and bobs I believe. We’re relatives, but I see him maybe once a year if that. And I know this sounds cliché coming from a relative, but regardless of his business and trading (I don’t actually buy from him), he’s a nice guy and it’s a shame he has a bit of a bad reputation. But, I suppose his reputation only mirrors his work ethic.

carlphillips
    Free Member

“he’s a nice guy”

not IME

sprocker
    Free Member

bought an GT LTS 1 frame from the shop around 97/98 had I bought a full bike the offer was you got a ride in his 911, I declined but you don’t get that at Evans/chain reaction do you 🙂

nick1962
    Free Member

kelvinh
    Post history
    3 posts 2 slagging off Mark Anthony.
    Using your logic you are clearly just a former disgruntled employee or MA is shagging your missus.
    And it’s probably his cats crapping in your garden 😉

Northwind

I’ve got about 50 million posts, about a million of them are slagging off Mark Anthony and Dave Hinde, the 2 horsemen of the shitocalpse.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

kelvinh – If you are referring to me then you are way off the mark. I don’t know Mark personally and I can only be honest and post if i’ve had good service.

Jesus, its like a Witch hunt in here sometimes.

rjhazell
    Free Member

Not that I feel I have to prove myself to the moaners on here… but here’s a photo of my invoice for my Sanderson ‘Breath’ and my nearly complete ‘Life’… Love It!

As someone on here said, might not be so lucky if and when I order from them next time… But you can’t really beat this deal!

allthepies
    Free Member

Worth blanking your address out IMO 😉

simonbowns
    Free Member

and now everyone knows where to come and steal it from!

granny_ring

LOL too late….

is that blue???

colournoise

Looks like the perfect bike for the Werrington gnarr.

xcstu
    Free Member

Found them to be totally S@*t!!

Over the years foolishly made probably 4 orders and out of 4 zero product and an array of excuses and delayed money refunds!!

rjhazell .. You order a blue breath.. get a life in maroon!! if your happy far play… one of the few to get an order honoured even though it wasn’t what you ordered first!

jools182
    Free Member

used them a couple of times online and through ebay

always been fine for me

unklehomered
    Free Member

Think i’ve used for odds and sods through ebay, no complaints. But small simple orders.

rjhazell
    Free Member

I wanted the Breath cuz I couldn’t afford the Life, then they messed the order up and sent me a Life at no extra cost as a ‘good will gesture’…

Can’t complain !

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The principle is don’t sell what you don’t have instock. In this case you got a better frame. Personally I love the life in that colour but what if you hadn’t liked it?

I think stock levels should be on every site and if out of stock don’t let people add it to the basket.

monksie
    Free Member

The guy got an upgrade absolutley free of charge and you mugs are seeing your arses about it?
    Really bitches? Really?
    If he’d not wanted the upgrade, he could have declined and got his money back, surely.
    Pauls’ Cycles sent me a 2012 Cannondale Supersix with upgraded wheels instead of the bog standard 2011 version for no extra cost. They telephoned me on a Sunday to check it would be OK before they posted it on the Monday. By your logic, I should have been gutted. I’m really not though.

ruffride
    Free Member

So if you want a new ht here’s you answer an 18 inch breath in blue they if you get that ring up tell em they f up an u wana life in purple

kelvinh
    Free Member

nick1962 – Member
    kelvinh
    Post history
    3 posts 2 slagging off Mark Anthony.
    Using your logic you are clearly just a former disgruntled employee or MA is shagging your missus.
    And it’s probably his cats crapping in your garden

If you read my first post properly it explains why I signed up.

I could see all these threads about Mark Anthony cycles/active sport and thought it only right I post the truth about him.
    I have never worked for him in the bike scene sense and never bought anything from him.

I was around enough however to see what was going on and it’s not right how he does business and treats people.

I also love no where near him.

At the end of the day I know him and you don’t so who do you think is better places to make the correct judgement?

kelvinh
    Free Member

***live nowhere near him***

dave_h
    Free Member

I have never worked for him in the bike scene sense

I still sense there’s more to the story…..

I’ve bought from them quite a few times both from the shop and online and never had any problems. Also had some nice chats with Mark and some of his staff too when in the shop so They’re all good from my experience.

Inaccurate stock levels on websites are annoying but then I’m old enough to remember when that was the norm so that doesn’t worry me too much either.

Maybe I’m Mark?

Northwind

kelvinh – Member

thought it only right I post the truth about him.

Implying the negative stories aren’t true? 😕 One good experience doesn’t cancel out a fistful of bad, every lying dog has his day

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Mark Anthony (activesport.co.uk) – Not that useless afterall’ is closed to new replies.