Marin San Anselmo hybrid, cheap 700c commuter!

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Marin San Anselmo hybrid, cheap 700c commuter!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Marin San Anselmo hybrid, cheap 700c commuter!
  • PeterPoddy

Marin San Anselmo
    2004 model, 19in frame. Suits me fine at 5”8” and would probably fit riders 5’7” to 5’11”
    If you’re after an immaculate bike, then look elsewhere, but if you want a decent commuter hybrid in great working order for not a lot of dosh, then this is the bike for you!

Its fairly well used and the frame has lots of scuffs and scratches on it, but it’s in perfect order as I’ve just done a FULL service on it and replaced a lot of parts
    New parts include drivetrain – Shimano cassette & middle ring and SRAM chain, and a full set of gear cables, inners and outers
    It also has new brake pads on it.
    The rims are odd, the rear having been replaced with a Mavic A117, and the tyres are odd too, but both with loads of tread left. Front is a Conti, rear is a Bonty! 🙂
    The frame is a good quality alloy one and it rides nicely.
    The group set is full Deore right down to the hubs and brakes, with an upgraded LX rear mech. It shifts perfectly
    I’ve had the hubs apart and replaced the bearings, there’s 2 new brake inners fitted, and I’ve had the BB out to grease the threads. BB is fine. Headset is fine.
    All the contact points are decent quality and perfectly fine
    Rack and mudguards included.
    Original purchase receipt also included

This was a £600 bike new (Plus about £70 for the rack and guards) and you’d pay nearer £700 for a similar new bike with this spec. A £600 Trek 7.4fx doesn’t have full Deore, put it that way!

Price is £175 collected (Farnborough, Hampshire)
    Postage at cost but somewhere between £20-£30 I suspect.

I think thats a very keen price, so I’m not open to offers right now.
    Please email me on peterpoddy AT gmail DOT com as I might miss replies on this thread

More pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_atkin/sets/72157637309725736/

IMG_3334 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Marin San Anselmo hybrid, cheap 700c commuter!’ is closed to new replies.