Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Marin / Penmachno Conditions?
  • Matt-P
    Free Member

What are conditions like at the moment? I’d heard rumours bits of Penmachno were shut?

c_klein87

they were a few weeks back and was alot of standing water around, but apparently this is common. Best info i can offer

Matt-P
    Free Member

Thanks – helpful to know

toons
    Free Member

Rode Penmachno for the first time last Sunday.

One section was closed. Otherwise it was running pretty quick, bit wet in places but i gather that’s the norm. What a great trail centre.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Just assume Penmachno will be like a stream and Marin will be fine and you won’t be far away from reality…

hairyscary

Just assume Penmachno will be like a stream and Marin will be fine and you won’t be far away from reality…

Rode both this weekend for the first time and this ^^ summed them up.

jekkyl

my 2p, imo the marin is worth doing once to see what it’s like, if you like fireroad up and then some fireroad up and then some more then some more, you get the idea. I’ll never do it again and would much rather go and find a decent natural ride in the area.

scandal42
    Free Member

Why not just tag a section of natural riding onto the Marin, there is loads of riding to be had.

votchy
    Free Member

Can’t comment on Marin but Penmachno is ALWAYS wet lol

Matt-P
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info, I’ll take my waterproofs

scandal42
    Free Member

Some good Marin/natural riding on here
    http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtb-route-search-results/

tillydog
    Free Member

Matt-P – Member

I’d heard rumours bits of Penmachno were shut?

Three sections at the end of loop 1 have been shut for a while. The latest from their farceberk page:

Penmachno mountain bike trails
    20 March at 17:17 ·

Diversion update… the diversion on loop 1 is still in place (around the 3-in-a-row descents & the following climb). However, NRW are working really hard to get it cleared… and are hoping to open it for the Easter weekend. It’s not guaranteed but it’s what they’re aiming for!!!

tillydog
    Free Member

Oops:

The closed sections are/were at the end of the first half of loop 1, where it joins loop 2, not at the end.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Marin / Penmachno Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.