Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • Maribor WC
  • AlexSimon

@fingerbang – don’t forget we’re still on BST not GMT, so we’re an hour behind

Junior men already on track!

AlexSimon

oooooh blimey – that was a tight fight in the end!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlexSimon

No sign of the Gold and Silver World Champ medallists on the Junior Women’s start list 🙁

snotrag

Coverage just started. Look at the state of Rob… do you think its a bit wet again!

Free Photo Sharing by ThumbSnap

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

massive crash for the norwegian. hells bells

fingerbang
    Free Member

Millie johnsets run is worth watching if you like rhythmic gymnastics.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ffs . see seagrave’s start, then it cuts to 2 minutes later. feels almost pointless watching this

fingerbang
    Free Member

Tahnees case was fantastic. You’ve got to see it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

awesome nose manual

fingerbang
    Free Member

You can’t not hit that gap jump and expect to win, the chicken line is massive.

Always good to watch women as they ride like mortals rather than those men superfreaks

fingerbang
    Free Member

Running wet screams on that rock garden makes me feel anxious

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i find it kinda frustrating though that they do ride like mortals. marine cabirou was great to watch mind

sharkattack

I wish it would keep raining, the track is turning into a quagmire again. They can barely even roll over the finish line. It’s going to be miserable for the fastest men if it keeps drying out.

fingerbang
    Free Member

I know, it’d be an amazing and tight dry race

That flat corner at the top looks treacherous but we can expect some good flat
    turn technique from the guys

Sector 2 has no cameras at all as far as I can see and it’s where Nicole and seagrave lost all their time

crab
    Free Member

They seem to have pretty much the entire bottom half of the track covered with cameras though which is good after last weekend.

snotrag

Yep, I think its going to reward pure brute power at this rate – which of the men have saved their energy over the past few days, are in good shape, and which are the proper big lads who can engage full beast mode, maybe one of the older guys, Gwin, Gee, Greg? (Is G a thing!)?

orangespyderman

I can’t see Gwin battling for the podium – not really his favourite conditions and I don’t know if it’s the bike he’s struggling with or just struggling to put a full run together, but he’s not really there any more, is he? Agree it might reward the experienced riders, though.

reluctantjumper

Agree that the women’s race was a bit so-so as they looked so ‘normal’. Something is missing from their field somehow, not just Rachel but after a few years where it was really closing up it seems to be getting more spread out and more about who is just having a good day on the bike. Hopefully it’s just a symptom of so long without any racing this year.

Looking forward to the men’s race though, really want Minnaar to grab a win and I think that’s conditions and track play well for a level head, smooth style and experience.

reluctantjumper

Brilliant intro from Warner and Claudio 😂

orangespyderman

I was hoping Minaar would do something in Leogang, and agree I’d like to see him up there.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Gwin, Gee, Greg? (Is G a thing!)?

I know what you’re saying about the advantage of an experienced rider, but no offence to Gee, but he’s not in that league anymore. He’s not graced the podium at a WC in 5 years, he’s not really a top 20-ish rider these days.

ocrider

I’m not sure about that. I think it’ll be another outing for the bad weather riders. The podium is going to be purely franco-brit. Wilson is on a roll, Daprela should he have a clean run is going to be on one of the steps. Bruni and Loris will be up there. Thirion and Walker, too. Moir and Trummer will be representing the Rest of the World in the top 10.

AlexSimon

Yep, I think you’re right ocrider

snotrag

Reece out with a crash earlier this morning, big shame 🙁

AlexSimon

Really gutting about Reece

reluctantjumper

Reece Wilson not running.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Gutted. That’s pretty much killed my interest.

Mister-P
    Free Member

“What a bummer”

Great commentary.

ocrider

Aw man that’s a pity. I was pretty sure he was going to repeat his performance from the other day.
    I’ll have to rethink my podium. 100% français now and a second Aussie in the top dix.

dannyh
    Free Member

I can see someone getting hurt here with a slide-grip-eject crash throwing them 8 feet up into a tree trunk…

dannyh
    Free Member

**** me. Zabjek came close there ^^^^.

sharkattack

Gutted. That’s pretty much killed my interest.

It’s ok they haven’t cancelled the race. Plenty of other awesome riders to watch.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Injured in ‘training’, Shandro is saying he slid off a berm but I didn’t think they were practising this morning, the junior women were on course pretty early

reluctantjumper

Shaw just put a cracker of a run down.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Warner just said rumour of Vergier on Trek next season. Interesting

dannyh
    Free Member

Greg = GOAT.

snotrag

Cracking run by Greg into hotseat! When will he lose it?!

reluctantjumper

A lovely controlled run for Greg there, good to watch.

reluctantjumper

Hell of a body slam against that tree for Finn, got to hurt!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Maribor WC’ is closed to new replies.