Margam Madness endurance event

Home Forum Bike Forum Margam Madness endurance event

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Margam Madness endurance event
  • Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

I’ve only ever raced Margam in biblical rain, or blazing sun. It’s bloody tough either way!

Good place for an endurance race.

gee

As Corby is organising this (and racing?) I assume the event will be well covered by air ambulance.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

😆

Hadn’t realised it was Steve, that’s it cursed then! Hopefully he’s organised a good fleet of demo bikes, just as spares for his use.

Premier Icon wonny j
    Subscriber

My mate is organising this event on his local trails: http://www.xcracer.com/raceentry/viewevent.php?event_id=316

From the weblink:
    “The course will be made up using all the classic XC race trails that have been used in the park over the past decade or more with some new sections being worked on specially for the event.

Racers can expect a mix of steep, fast descents with more than a fair share of technical climbing, making it an excellent, fun and interesting course to race on. The proposed route is 11km long with up to 450m ascent per lap.”

Sounds tough but really good. Might be a nice end of season close event. Hope the rain stays off!

Premier Icon wonny j
    Subscriber

Don’t worry its got absolutely nothing to do with Steve C!! (insurance costs would be too high). Has Corby been hi-jacking it as his own then?

No it’s Gareth Hayes (taffy on xcracer.com) who seems to spend most of his weekends up there and has broken a few good racers on the margam tech over the years.

chopchop

This is a local event for me, definately booking a slot although I don’t expect to be in the top end of the table!

Taff

Not raced there since I was about 15 so up for a spin around there. Brother in law will be entering. Rude not to at those prices

Konastoner

I raced there for 3 season with NPS (1994 – 1997 open catagory!), you can’t beat the “Kidney Shaker” especially on a hard tail. I still nip up and have a blast now and again but it’s not the same on a full suss. Theres a jump by the castle that used to catch me out, had many a crash there.

Taff

Konastoner – must;ve raced the same time then, think it was 97. Was the kidnety shaker the boulder infested dh? Can’t remember if that’s Margam or Rhondda

Premier Icon wonny j
    Subscriber

Well this event should take in all the classic margam trails plus a few new ones. The boulder shoot is at margam.

Gareth has broken quite a few good riders at margam over the years. Not just corby!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Margam Madness endurance event’ is closed to new replies.