Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Marathon Water Theft
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/oAwIIlvvbK0[/video]

Metro

I thought it was left over water and the media was hyping it up, but i can still see people running in the video.

Not much the people who hand out water can do, apart from telling them to F-OFF

Mister-P
    Free Member

Why do people insist in filming in portrait?

bear-uk
    Free Member

They look like a load of immigrants. You’d have thought they would be scared of water.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Scum. No doubt they will be flogging it to tourists later.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’d hate to live in a world where free water was that attractive. I think we (and this is a huge generalisation about STW users) should be thankful that we aren’t that desperate.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Mister P, you’re right there but in this case I’m sure all those people have access to a tap. It’s most likely as craig said this is a case of stealing stuff in order to rip tourists off.

CountZero

That’ll be on sale at the local market or corner shop tomorrow. Thieving scumbags. 🙄

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

This country is going down the pan, I was just reading the local news agency website and thats even worse.

cornholio98
    Free Member

How many tourists flock to deptford for these water sales.?

From the look of the road which is covered in empty bottles the runners must have already been through. It could well be people just taking what is left over after the event maybe even with permission of the people at the station…

If people were going to rush the water station and take everything why would they wait until after the event started rather than just in the morning before it got crowded?

cornholio98
    Free Member

That being said looked at some more pictures and a map. Looks like it is the 8-9 mile mark and there are still some runners in the pictures…

So I will go get the pitchfork ready…

preciousmetals
    Free Member

That’s about it now! I’ve had enough and am going to cause a riot!

What is the Landaan world coming too, water must be pricey round them parts.
    I have a spring stream in my garden which I must go and fill the kettle now I’ve remembered 😆

YoKaiser
    Free Member

This happened one year during the Edinburgh Marathon, super hot day and runners were collapsing everywhere. I think there was about 8 miles with no water and the first one we did come across was a person with a hose.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Why would you say they are immigrants?

London water is pretty bad so i don’t blame folks for taking water if the orginisers have said it is ok, but if they are just nicking it then that’s another story.

I’m sure that the media/public will only point out a select demographic even though the races that were taking the water looked pretty mixed in other photos on the net.

Odd that there are no police in that area of London, get’s me thinking that either taking the water was ok or that no one really cared enough to do anything about it

enfht
    Free Member

Thanks for clearing up any confusion mrsfry. Nothing to see hear move along people. 😆

v8ninety

Bizarre and sad state of affairs that water in plastic bottles is so attractive, as to put that much effort to take it. Something not quite right with our society, isn’t their. Not so far off the post apocalyptic Mad Max type world as we like to think…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Odd that there are no police in that area of London, get’s me thinking that either taking the water was ok or that no one really cared enough to do anything about it

Police were scrambled with the water cannon, but some shits had syphoned the [water] tanks.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

They’re probably the unfortunate few who missed out when they looted poundland a couple of years ago, or couldn’t get in to that black friday sale in Asda.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mister-P
    Free Member

Obviously some of it will be sold, at what price? A fiver a crate? Ten quid? Or are they going to stand on a street corner hoping to sell it for a quid a bottle? Good luck to them.

Markie
    Free Member

An unfortunate combination of poverty, selfishness and stupidity.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

London water is pretty bad

no it’s not.

I remember lots of taste tests where thames would come out top or near the top, here’s one from 2013 where it comes 3rd:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/eau-de-thames-beats-volvic-in-taste-test-6673595.html

One big difference is people nearly always drink spring water from the fridge – try putting tap water in the fridge and then telling the difference.

Plus there are much tighter regs on what can be in tap water, spring water and mineral water are much looser.

I remember a documentary on waters – there’s one named 99.9 as it is a very pure water, filtered many times. They asked if they started with spring water, they said no way as it is too dirty, they started with tap water.

One spring water they tried was more readioactive than it should have been, many had too much of some mineral or another, and one was festering with bacteria (a highland spring bottling for a supermarket) as the room where they bottled it wasn’t clean enough and therefore human skin dust got into the plastic bottles, and then gorged itself on the plastic so by the time you bought it it was festering.

Plus all those plastic bottles are an environmental nightmare.

DrJ

Police were scrambled with the water cannon, but some shits had syphoned

But Boris’s water cannon cannot be used, so the 250k they cost plus the 25k per year to maintain them, is money down the drain. But let’s ignore that and concentrate on some low life stealing a few quids worth of bottles.

shermer75
    Free Member

250k they cost plus the 25k per year to maintain them, is money down the drain.

Arf arf

ninfan
    Free Member

Ah, remember the outrage on here last time one of our friendly London youth stole some bottles of water?

Whatever happened to “its only £3.50 worth of water”?

Northwind

Have you ever tasted london tap water? Worth doing a year inside just to avoid it

ninfan
    Free Member

London Tap Water? I piss it!

…as do most of us who live upstream 🙂

Pook

It doesn’t look like much of a marathon. They’d got it in a few seconds

mefty
    Free Member

Have you ever tasted london tap water? Worth doing a year inside just to avoid it

Perfectly adequate

Drac

Looks like it’s all the left over water being given away to me.

Northwind

mefty – Member

Perfectly adequate

Maybe it’s just because we’re spoiled up here but London’s pretty much the only place I buy bottled water. Not nice at all.

bencooper
    Free Member

London tap water is pre-filtered.

By someone else’s kidneys 😉

clodhopper
    Free Member

“They look like a load of immigrants”

They just look like a load of people to me. But then; I’m not an ignorant racist ****. 🙄

clodhopper
    Free Member

1. Severn Trent Water
    2. Anglian Water
    3. Thames Water
    4. Dwr Cymru Welsh Water
    5. Southern Water
    6. Scottish Water
    7. South West Water
    8. Yorkshire Water
    9. United Utilities
    10. Wessex Water

That’s very interesting. I find it incredible that a city as massive as London can have such a relatively clean and contamination-free water supply. In fact, I think our country’s entire water supply is absolutely outstanding, in being able to produce such a quality service.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

London tap water has been throught the human body at least 8 times I believe.

I shall drink some London tap water tomorrow – we have a filter at work so I will make sure I do not use it. In fact I shall compare the filtered to the non-filtered and may even recruit some work colleagues in a blind taste test…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Double post?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I’d hate to live in a world where free water was that attractive. I think we (and this is a huge generalisation about STW users) should be thankful that we aren’t that desperate.

Seems v generous – unless drac is correct, looks like basic opportunistic theft.

wrightyson
    Free Member

If the “scumbags” were to drive to Buxton they could have as much as they wanted for free as the lions mouth must never stop. Always makes me chuckle when I see folks filling up their empty plastic bottles.

shermer75
    Free Member

London tap water has been throught the human body at least 8 times I believe.

It must be pretty good then

jam-bo

5s in to the video there is a guy in a Buxton t-shirt stood idly watching as bottles of water get ‘stolen’. Makes you think doesn’t it.

clodhopper
    Free Member

“London tap water has been throught the human body at least 8 times I believe.”

All water has been through the digestive system of countless creatures, countless times:

Also in the show, Doherty sets out to settle an urban myth about water once and for all: does tap water really go through seven people before it reaches our glass?
    After a warts and all visit to a sewage works in Sutton Coldfield, in the West Midlands, where water arrives fresh from the sewer, he learns how good bacteria in the water kills bad bacteria – before water is flushed out into a river.
    He then moves on to a water treatment works where in a three hour process, the water is ready to drink three hours after arrival.
    And it is here he learns the real truth – forget seven people, all the water we drink has been through billions of people.
    As John McGregor, of South Eastern Water, explains: ‘You can’t make new water.
    ‘You can basically say the water we drink today is the same water that the dinosaurs drank.
    ‘So forget seven people – it’s been through billions.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3046928/Revealed-tap-water-just-good-slice-CHEESE-truth-really-does-7-people-drink-it.html

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Marathon Water Theft’ is closed to new replies.