Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Maplins 1000 lumens light
  • smartay

Spotted this in local store 1000 lumens battery/ charger, head and handlebar mounts £49, anyone bought one
    Intelligent charging circuit so no fire risk /explosions apparently

z1ppy

Hmmm.. link: http://www.maplin.co.uk/productsearch?criteria=1000+lumens
    It’s really just another MS 808 clone…

Maplins a main stream retailer, so you’d expect a little more QC than most and decent return policy if nothing else. My problem is that the single XML is so rubbish compared to the dual units now available, I’d prefer to spend an extra tenner and buy one of Torchy’s dual XML units (admittedly it’s ugly as sin), as he has a reasonable rep & has ranted about poor batteries/chargers, so you’d expect a half decent set of him.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Looks the same, as does the connector, as my ebay buy for the kids that cost £16

p8ddy
    Free Member

z1ppy…

Totally agree about the Torchy light. It’s hideous looking! 😀

I know that it’s not looks that count* but that light takes ugly to a whole new level. The dual XML lights are great. I couldn’t function without the solarstorm I have now. My old lights seem sorely rubbish. So yeah, I’d agree that the Torchy light is the better option.

*with regard to lights. With regard to people they must, as I’m smashing. 😀 😀

p8ddy
    Free Member

Looks the same, as does the connector, as my ebay buy for the kids that cost £16

Must..stop..wanting..to..buy..every..light..I..read..about…

In saying that – I want a spider eyes. Desperately.

Or rather, I want a light with 100hr burn time as bright as daylight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Maplins 1000 lumens light’ is closed to new replies.