• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Clink.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • MANX100 #MTB #ToughestOneDayRaceInEurope
  • redsank
    Free Member

http://www.manx100.com you’ve heard it all before toughest one day race etc etc etc but the manx100 is hardcore.
    Top riders like Rich Rothwell and Rob Friel completed the 100 miler between 11-12 hrs – that is a long day in the saddle. Fortunately there are 2 distances 100k or 100miles 10,000 feet or 16,000 feet on the toughest terrain that a mountain biker is likely to come across. So are you tough enough to have a go?

This is a unique experience so prepare for battle against the Manx100 mtb event.

Ferry cost £40 return
    B&B plenty of them from 30 quid a night

Event Date: Sunday 31st July

Manx100 #mtb #iom

njee20
    Free Member

What that post needs is more macho exaggeration of how much more hardcore your event is than anything else EVAAAAAA

adsh
    Free Member

The Austrians might be contacting you under trade descriptions!

woody2000

on the toughest terrain that a mountain biker is likely to come across

In what way? Not trolling, I am genuinely interested. I’m asking because your video shows a lot of not particularly testing looking terrain. I don’t doubt that 100 miles/16k ft of climbing is a tough day out, but it looks challenging from a fitness POV not technical content.

I do like the look of the IOM though, must get over there!

DavidB
    Free Member

I think the BB200 2014 had better stats and harder terrain.

qwerty
    Free Member

That would poop me!!!

But… (technically not in Europe) http://www.grand-raid.ch is more climbing (16469.82′) in a shorter distance (125km) with less air…..

jonnyrockymountain

Which one you doing San (pal) 100k or 100 mile?

whitestone
    Free Member

Err, Switzerland is in Europe (not in the EU though).

Last weekend’s jennride was 100 miles with around 4000m of climbing and descent, a lot of it technical.

njee20
    Free Member

Salzkammergut Trophy is pretty tough too. 211km and 7119m of climbing.

Sure the IOM100 is good, but ‘the toughest race in the universe’ I’m not sure it is.

qwerty
    Free Member

Err, Switzerland is in Europe (not in the EU though).

DOH! – course!

I was wondering about this

4000m of climbing and descent,

so around 2000m of ascent then, yes?

qwerty
    Free Member

7119m of climbing.

😯

whitestone
    Free Member

No! 4000m of up, 4000m of down 😆 It’s a loop so only one would be quoted.

cchris2lou

La Transvesuvienne in south of France is pretty tough.

Very technical up and down.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

IMO its a toss up between Transvesubiene and MB Race.

Transvesubiene – Short distance but extremely technical DHs with climbs that are brutal, mostly pushing.
    MB Race – 140km, 7000m climbing. Technical terrain also, more technical than Grand Raid or Salzkammergut.

redsank
    Free Member

It’s a good one I’ve only ever managed to finish the 100k as it’s timed . Tough one 🙂

gee
    Free Member

I can’t believe anything is harder than MB Race. Descents that go on for 30 mins on rooty rocky trails and mad climbs that go on for an hour and a bit.

Looks like a good event though.

Clink

I managed 60 miles of last years event on ss Stooge. Fingers crossed to finish this year. Weather last year was epic.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘MANX100 #MTB #ToughestOneDayRaceInEurope’ is closed to new replies.