Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Manx 100 cancelled due to sabotage
  • teenrat

Just why? Especially if it was indeed a mtber.

Gutted for the competitors. Let’s hope the Manx govt come down hard on the miscreant.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-sport/manx-100-cancelled-due-to-route-sabotage/

MoreCashThanDash

Some people are proper bellends

martymac

Some people need to get a friggin life, or a full time job, who TF has the time to go and do this type of crap 2 nights on the trot?
    The fact that the perp might have used an mtb to do it is irrelevant tbh.

woody2000

Utter knobs.  Someone needs a shoeing

devash
    Free Member

One or two route arrows = local scrote or angry rambler type, but to temper with ALL of the route markings surely points to a local rider with an axe to grind?

What a massive shame for the organisers and participants, especially those who paid to travel for the competition, however cancelling it was the right decision as much of the route is remote mountain terrain and you wouldn’t want to get lost up there in any weather.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lycra, so not a proper MTBer then….

qwerty
    Free Member

Surely this is resolvable by offering a GPX of the route. I bet most of the entrants will have a navigable device. Routes don’t need arrows these days. I do feel for the organisers though as it’s a lot of their effort that’s been ruined by a minority.

boltonjon

This is terrible news – a top team who organise it as well. A real shame

eskay

qwerty
    Free Member
    Surely this is resolvable by offering a GPX of the route. I bet most of the entrants will have a navigable device. Routes don’t need arrows these days. I do feel for the organisers though as it’s a lot of their effort that’s been ruined by a minority.

That is exactly what I thought, publish the route to the entrants, send a GPX and make it their responsibility to be able to navigate it.

Edit: I hope they catch the bellend(s) who did it

dannyh
    Free Member

That is one sad bastard going to those lengths to sabotage an event. What a loser.

convert

Might be a sad bastard, but a fit one if he covered the 100 course 2 nights in a row!

But agreed, not sure why courses still have tamperable with arrows now. A faff to go out and setup and often one or two get left out. There’s one on a signpost here from pre covid days.

jkomo

Obviously an e-bike rider.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

not sure why courses still have tamperable with arrows now. A faff to go out and setup

I’d hazzard a guess, but without signs on the route it’s just a gpx.

I don’t particularly mind paying my £30 to go ride and event somewhere with far flung mates as it means there’s no pressure to do the planning, navigation, map reading etc. Just turn up and ride. There’s a value, both perceived and real, in that.

If the organiser just pings a .gpx to everyone then may as well just buy a copy of MBR and do whatever the epic ride is backwards.

qwerty
    Free Member

If the organiser just pings a .gpx to everyone then may as well just buy a copy of MBR and do whatever the epic ride is backwards.

Not always so, the camaraderie, the pre/post event social, camping, on site entertainment, private land consents gained for the event use only, charity fundraising monies raised, there’s probably more.

johncoventry

That is so sad. The amount of work the team put in and that happens. Also sad to hear that sort of thing goes on in the IOM. When I visited everyone seemed very tolerant of others activities be it motor bikes, horses, walkers or bikers.
    I am sure Nigel will come up with something for next year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Manx 100 cancelled due to sabotage’ is closed to new replies.