Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Manually input a ride on Strava?
  • white101

Headed out for a 20mile road route this morning I have planned to do 3 times this week as a bit of training type thing.

For some reason I picked up my HR strap and put it on this morning and then remembered the Wahoo holder on the road bike is broken but picked up the elemnt nonetheless to shove in my pocket, I’ve been recording rides on my phone recently until I sort out a new holder for the bars.

So off I went out the garage door on the bike and at the top of the drive the wahoo bleeps and auto pauses as I stop to check for the regular online delivery vanmaggedon on our street and the damn thing never resumed recording.

Whats more disappointing is it stopped after two seconds which means the Postie still holds the KOM on my drive.

Can you put a ride into strava by plotting a route or some such? Obviously my world beating times and hill climb numbers aren’t going to feature but I wouldn’t mind the miles on the clock.

Pathetic yes I know

martinhutch

You can plot it in the routemaking bit then just manually enter the distance/elevation. Hit the plus sign top right and select manual entry.

scotroutes

It is possible to convert a plotted route into a track for Strava but you need a way of applying timestamps. If all you want to do is record the time/distance then a manual entry will do it.

nbt

Map the ride in the GPS tool of your choice, or download the GPX from the last time you did it, then use this tool to change the timestamp
    https://gotoes.org/strava/Add_Timestamps_To_GPX.php

white101

Cheers folks all sorted.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Manually input a ride on Strava?’ is closed to new replies.