Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Manon Carpenter: BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year 2014
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Not a internet vote this time, but worthy of a quick text.

Lets all get her lifting that award and hopefully get the BBC to recognise the sport a bit more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/30104905

AlexSimon

Voted (although I also voted for Geraint)

darrenspink
    Free Member

(although I also voted for Geraint)

Traitor!

😉

wilko1999
    Free Member

Another vote in for Manon

AlexSimon

Bump – it’s a good opportunity to get some mountain bike publicity

darrenspink
    Free Member

Kind of related…
    Was just searching for ‘BBC mountain bikes’ and found this on Bitesize in Maths…

Designing and manufacturing mountain bikes (Orange bikes)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/clips/zp4pyrd

BoardinBob

voted

Just curious, how does she get nominated but Bryceland doesnt? Her success this year cropped up on the BBC sport site but Josh went unnoticed.

AlexSimon

Couple of things I guess – She’s promoted better as a Welsh athlete than Josh is an English one.
    Josh isn’t World Champ – which counts for a lot going by previous nominations.

darrenspink
    Free Member

voted

Just curious, how does she get nominated but Bryceland doesnt?

This is BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year.

Her success this year cropped up on the BBC sport site but Josh went unnoticed.

Err shes better looking?

BoardinBob

This is BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year.

aaah. I thought it was the uk wide one she was in

darrenspink
    Free Member

So did I at first

P-Jay
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

voted

Just curious, how does she get nominated but Bryceland doesnt? Her success this year cropped up on the BBC sport site but Josh went unnoticed.

Wales is a smaller country and a Welsh World Champ at anything is a rare thing, whilst she’s very, very worthy of the nomination and indeed winning it (as is Josh) it’s unlikely a MTB athlete would make the final 8 of the National Award.

I’d love to see her win it, but even with every MTBer in the UK (and some abroad) voting, She’ll been lucky to beat Gareth Bale, football’s such a huge sport.

hatter

Err shes better looking?

I think it could also be down to her team proactively firing off press releases to the mainstream media (i.e, the Beeb) the minute she wins anything.

Do a search on the BBC website for mountain biking stories as see how many start with ‘Manon won this Manon won that’ that’s not by accident.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I think it could also be down to her team proactively firing off press releases to the mainstream media (i.e, the Beeb) the minute she wins anything.

Do a search on the BBC website for mountain biking stories as see how many start with ‘Manon won this Manon won that’ that’s not by accident.

Of course its not..I was jesting.

Stuuey

Bump.
    One day left to vote. You can vote 5 times too 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Manon Carpenter: BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year 2014’ is closed to new replies.