Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Manitou Radium R rear shock
  • biscuitandpotato
    Free Member

Anyone using one? what are your thoughts? There is one on my Prophet, I set it up with 100psi as it seem to be all it needed for the sag set up, but when riding it was too slow on the rebound, i pumped it up to 130 which was fine until i compressed the bike pre take off on a little drop and the back didn’t feel like it was returning, the rebound gate is wound right open which the manual says is correct for faster return. More air? I used to run 150psi on the fox shock on my old jekyll but was told these run lower PSI than the fox, don’t want to blow the seals. (I weigh in at 12 stone)

swisstony
    Free Member

I had one for a bit on my prophet but swapped it very soon for a swinger 3 way as i didn’t like it, i can’t seem to remember having a problem with the rebound but seemed to loose air. I’d sack it and get and RP23 which is what i’m saving up for.

jamnspoon
    Free Member

they are a very basic but efficent shock.
    i used one on my tomac but i have to say i ran it at 150psi & i weight 9st 10 lbs & i had the rebound quite slow .

a doddle to service aswell.

biscuitandpotato
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, i’ll persivere a bit more and try different pressures and rebound settings. It should get a good test tommorrow in the ‘dales.

biscuitandpotato
    Free Member

Well, I was pleasantly surprised by the shock, the pedal damping worked well and seemed OK over rocks on descents although not very smooth. However, checking over the bike just now ready for this weekend and the rebound has gone altogether, compress the shock and a couple minutes later along with some gurgling noises it returns to shape, how kitchen work top servicable is it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Radium R rear shock’ is closed to new replies.