Manitou Minute Fork Service.

Home Forum Bike Forum Manitou Minute Fork Service.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Manitou Minute Fork Service.
  • Premier Icon legalalien
    Subscriber

I was in the same boat a while ago. Minute 2:00 with a sheared rebound adjuster and in need of a good fettling. Getting a replacement for the rebound adjuster is not a simple task. They are like rocking horse poo and you can’t just buy the adjuster – it’s part of a kit that I couldn’t seem to get hold of. I tried various online retailers, LBSs (who mostly didn’t have a clue) and eBay with no luck.

I gave up, as it was taking more time looking for the part and how to sort it out than it was worth. That plus I would be very cross when the new rebound adjuster sheared off (and it would’ve done because they are shite) after going to the trouble of sourcing one. I ended up buying some new forks (and I kind of wanted some new forks anyhow). The DT Swiss XMM 140s I got are a decent upgrade.

As for the service, you can download the service manuals from their website and you can get cheaply get seal kits that include a gazillion o-rings for all the forks/shocks and I got one of these to service my 3-way shock with.

Premier Icon andycs
    Subscriber

I am needing to service my fork as well as replace sheared rebound adjuster. [forks approx 5-6 years old] Anyone any experience of servicing these forks or know where I could get parts from?

Premier Icon andycs
    Subscriber

Looks like I’m stuffed with the fork then!!

belugabob

Contact Manitou directly – I’ve found them to be helpful – they should at least be able to direct you to a supplier.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Minute Fork Service.’ is closed to new replies.