Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Manitou Minute 2010
  • singlespeedstu

Has anyone tried this fork?

Any thing you can tell me about it?

singlespeedstu

someone must have at least had a carpark test ?

mamadirt
    Free Member

I have the 09 Super Absolutes on my Tazer (100mm, bolt thru) and love them. Weigh burger all, plenty stiff enough at 100mm (I had the '08 120s on my older Tazer and although I was more than happy with them I really noticed the difference in stiffness when changing to Marz 55s). Absolute platform damping is great – from fully locked out thru' to fully active – only downside is that the fork locks out at full ride height (not a problem with the 100mms but I tended to run my 120s a couple of clicks in on the way to the trails, to lower the front end a little. Quite expensive if bought over here – I ordered my last pair from Jensen USA (cost around £250 including taxes).

phatstanley
    Free Member

I haven't ridden them, but i saw your post on mtbr about them.
    Is it a definite thing that there ain't no 2010 29er rebas coming through to the uk?
    i'm meant to be gettin some for the paradox i've bought.

that being said, the stuff i've seen on that site for the 2010 model with abs+ seem to be overwhelmingly positive and crc have them for 379 just now, iirc.

cheers,
    stan.

singlespeedstu

Is it a definite thing that there ain't no 2010 29er rebas coming through to the uk?
    i'm meant to be gettin some for the paradox i've bought.

Mine will be going on my Paradox too.

My LBS was told that they only sold 5 Reba 120 TA's last year so they're not going to bother this year.

Strange as I know more than 5 people that have that fork…..

Think I'm going to go for the CRC Minute as i have a habit of breaking Reba's and don't want to have to send them back to the states for warranty work.

bigsi
    Free Member

As per mamadirt. I've got the 2009 Minutes in 29er with 100mm and i love them.

Seriously thinking of getting some at 120mm for the next bike if i can't get hold of a set of Rebas 8)

phatstanley
    Free Member

stu,
    fwiw, i just got an email back from jim at freeborn (is that your LBS?) and he sez he's waiting on a shipment of the 2010 rebas coming in.

stan.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

told you my thoughts on them yesterday (29er 80mm and 120mm bolt thru 26")

i got my 26" from jensonUSA too, for about £250 all in. asked them about the warranty and they said that i just needed to send it to them and they'd sort it. saving over £100 on the uk price i felt it a risk worth taking tbh.

bigsi
    Free Member

Stu – I spoke to Paul Wilson (shop manager) at freeborn a few weeks ago while drooling over the 4 Paradox frames they currently have in and we were talking about forks. He mentioned that the Fox F29 (?) are no available at the moment as they've done their quota in the UK for now (or something like that) but when i mentioned Rebas he didn't say anything about them not being available only that they could get them in for me. I think your LBS are being fobbed off or are fobbing you off.

Ring Freeborn and ask for Paul2. He'll be able confirm if what you are being told is true. 😉

willej

I've been thinking of getting some 100mm Minutes, probably from Jenson, to replace my lardy Pikes. Have any of you had any issues with the bolt-up thru axle? I love the Maxle on Rockshox forks and the (antiquated) four bolts on the Minutes has been putting me off a bit.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

no getting away from the fact that wheel removal is a faff…

but they'll be a fair bit lighter than the pikes.

bigsi
    Free Member

Williej – TBH its a bit of a faf and one reason why i would prefer the Reba's but its a small price to pay given the price. They are nice and stiff, just not as quick to take the front wheel off when needed

singlespeedstu

bigsi.

I heard the convestation between the LBS guy (who's also a mate)and the importer.

CRC have also told me than the 120Reba is not being imported this year.

Maybe Freeborn are struggling to sell frames that you can't get a fork for…

Shame though as the Paradox rides great with the 120 Reba on.

bigsi
    Free Member

Stu – Worth a call to Freeborn, if not I'll have to get the Minutes unless i can secure 2nd hand one 😕

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Minute 2010’ is closed to new replies.