Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Manipulating Images
  • SaxonRider

Two questions about using images:

1. Is there any such thing as an app that allows me to scan a hand-drawn image with an iPhone and turn it into a JPEG or PNG or similar?

2. If there is, and I now hold the image on my phone as a JPEG, is it possible to make it ‘transparent’ so I can use it in presentations and/or superimpose it on other backgrounds?

Thanks!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Is there any such thing as an app that allows me to scan a hand-drawn image with an iPhone and turn it into a JPEG

STW FTW! 😉

(Then you’ll need an app to make the background transparent. There are lots.

Something like Canva or

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/magic-eraser-background-editor/id989920057

I haven’t used any of those as tend to use Procreate or the old Ps Express, but search reviews you should find something useful with a little trial and error?

CraigW
    Free Member

JPEG doesn’t support transparency. But PNG does (or GIF if you want to go retro).

bentandbroken

Scannable is good at scanning images. It’s available on an iPhone. It nice as it tweaks the image to make it ‘square’ (i.e. it manipulates it to get rid of keystone/parallax issues

epicyclo

bentandbroken
    Scannable is good at scanning images…..it manipulates it to get rid of keystone/parallax issues

Thanks, that’s handy to know.

Cougar

1. Is there any such thing as an app that allows me to scan a hand-drawn image with an iPhone and turn it into a JPEG or PNG or similar?

Yes, it’s called a “camera.”

2. If there is, and I now hold the image on my phone as a JPEG, is it possible to make it ‘transparent’ so I can use it in presentations and/or superimpose it on other backgrounds?

No. GIF and PNG both support transparency, JPG does not.

Honestly, whilst what you’re proposing may well be possible I’d want to wang it at a PC to do the actual editing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Manipulating Images’ is closed to new replies.