Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Mandatory Emails In Profiles (Capitalised Thread Title Content)
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I know a PM function is coming in 2011, but until that happens, I think members should have to put an email in their profile. It’s so easy to set up a disposable address with Gmail/Outlook etc, that it wouldn’t be too much of a faff.

It would certainly deal with the annoying situation of trying to contact someone, who doesn’t have an email in their profile. Especially as paging threads are against the rules.

brant
    Free Member

And make contacting customers suffering from terrible customer service easier.
    (I may be unique in my use of forum in this way)
    (All going kind of ok for a Friday but it’s early yet)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m none to sure of that idea you have there. You would know who I am, I’m not too sure I like that idea. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t worry, BB. I won’t stalk you…well, any more than usual.

sparksmcguff

Seems reasonable, but have we just gone back in time?

midlifecrashes

I do have an email address in my profile. Next time I’m buying or selling on the classifieds I’ll login to it, which might be months from now. Don’t think the idea is a fix for the paging/PM issue.

bearnecessities

sparksmcguff

2011 was a poor vintage. Could we manage a year or two earlier? Could do with having a second chance at a few decisions.

bearnecessities

Huh, would you believe that?! So close.

sparksmcguff

😀

luffy105
    Free Member

Sorry, Jamie. Were you after me? If so, it’s on it’s way this weekend. Honest 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

There’s a pm facility coming..?

Jamie
    Free Member

Sorry, Jamie. Were you after me? If so, it’s on it’s way this weekend. Honest

You know what, I had completely forgotten about that. So no, it wasn’t about you.

BUT NOW IT BLOODY WELL IS 😀

luffy105
    Free Member

Ah, shoulda kept quiet! 🙂

bruneep

Once the new site is up and running, Shaun is onto it.

footflaps

They’ll need new Hamsters of they’re going to add new stuff.

At a secret STW server farm somewhere in Todmorden…

loddrik
    Free Member

Ooh new site. Exciting!! 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Given the number of IT help threads and mass conspiracy/privacy threads I can see plenty of dead email addresses being listed or thousands of how am I being spammed posts.

I do seem to be in the minority of using my real name and having an e-mail address posted.

JoeG
    Free Member

What would happen if everyone put Jamie’s email address in their profile? 👿

Jamie
    Free Member

What would happen if everyone put Jamie’s email address in their profile?

You’d all like garlic.

I do seem to be in the minority of using my real name and having an e-mail address posted.

For that, I salute you. The only thing that gets on my internet tits more than ’email me for pics’, is when I got to contact someone, and I get greeted by goddamit(dot)you(at)bastard(dot)com.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Mandatory Emails In Profiles (Capitalised Thread Title Content)’ is closed to new replies.