Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 410 total)
  • Manchester's Police doing what the Met are scared of doing!
  • Kevevs
    Free Member

I dunno mt. But it is STW at it’s finest 😀

oldgit
    Free Member

Hang on I’m outta breath reading that….

Not seen what you are on about but is this the modern equivalent of a clip round the ear from a bobby

Sort of, just as a kid you’d be slapped in the face or throttled until you understood your wrong doings instead. This is more on a par with getting touched up whilst drunk, or being stupid enough to be in the wrong place. If anyones old enough to remember being swept up, locked up and in court the next day just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And they used to let your tyres down so you’d have to walk home, those lot up there are soft I tell you.

M6TTF
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Druidh – so you think it is acceptable to beat someone who is not resisting?
    POSTED 45 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

For all we know it wasnt the first intercept, they could gave been chasing them for half the night – i love your view of always seeing the positive in everyone.

camerone
    Free Member

hypothetical scenario for the ‘oh its abuse’ brigade.

you witness a teenager mugging a child for his bike, who then cycles towards you on his way off with the bike. I assume you would all ask him politely to stop and please would he mind handing the bike back?

I wouldn’t, I would drop the shoulder as he came past me and knock the thieving scumbag off the bike. technically you would say thats abuse, I would say they lose their human rights whilst transgressing the law.

the reason all these pikey scum can loot for days on end is because the police cannot touch them, its totally ludicrous.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

so you think it is acceptable to beat someone who is not resisting?

How do you know the man that got of the bike didn’t shout “come on then you pig scum, I’ve got a knife”?

crankboy
    Free Member

peaches be a dear and watch the video again you see the lad who goes behind the fence walk off free and the officer who shoved him out of sight walk back in to sight without a prisoner.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

M6TTF – use your eyes

camerone – that would be reasonable and proportionate. Hitting him with a weapon while he lays on the ground would not.

psychle
    Free Member

Have you ever been hit with a full blooded blow from a baton? or a full blooded kick from a steel capped boot? Both of these actions have the very real potential to be life-threatening (internal bleeding etc) and really are an excessive use of force, surely everyone would agree on that? I’m all for these scrotes getting a ‘clip around the ear’ and a bit of old-school corporal punishment, but what those cops are dishing out there is not appropriate surely?

highclimber
    Free Member

Do think this thread will get over 30 pages of outrage and total bollocks from the same old gobshites?

I hope so. it keeps me entertained.

bainbrge

Elfinsafety, I’m not sure I understand any of your posts beyond the fact that you like being deliberately contrary and some sort of right on crusader, but is it not reasonable to assume that youths on bikes late last night in Manchester city centre were deserving of punitive action from the police simply for being there?

Also, why the affected colloquialisms in all of your posts? It’s a bit like reading the posts of a character created by a right wing lunatic who wants to denigrate anyone vaguely to the left of Norman Tebbit.

TJ – I like your posts and the clear moral stand you often take, but in this case you sound like an apologist. On the other hand, given that probably the majority of the population including me now wants summary justice exercising on people like these without bothering with the niceties of any human rights considerations, I’m glad you continue to speak up as a counterbalance.

sefton
    Free Member

just been told a gun shop & b&q has been turned over in Bolton – not sure how true though!

Del

the solution is that they do their job, arrest, and seek conviction!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

psycle – you will never convince the bloodlust / wannabe / keyboard warriors I guess. They get a hard on at the idea of the cops giving someone a good kicking.

I knew there was a thick reactionary element on STW – I hadn’t realised just how unpleasant.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Hypothetical dream scenario – If someone was stealing and cycling off on my bike, I’d expect a bunch of tooled up riot police to come charging from nowhere and give ’em the smackdown! 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

you witness a teenager mugging a child for his bike, who then cycles towards you on his way off with the bike. I assume you would all ask him politely to stop and please would he mind handing the bike back?

I wouldn’t, I would drop the shoulder as he came past me and knock the thieving scumbag off the bike. technically you would say thats abuse, I would say they lose their human rights whilst transgressing the law.

And I’d do the same (I hope), but I wouldn’t then put a couple of swift kicks into the fecker… unless he attacked me, in which case it’d be on. I’d just attempt to restrain him (arm behind the back, that sort of thing), I wouldn’t then beat him…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

psychle – Do you not think throwing a brick at some ones head could kill them, or setting fire to a building without checking no ones inside it?

But thats ok is it?

timc
    Free Member

Getting upto no good, police catch up with you & give you a hiding… been happening since time began, made me laugh tbh!

Dobbo

Do think this thread will get over 30 pages of outrage and total bollocks from the same old gobshites?

Defo, this is far more serious than the rioting ever was, it totally neutrals it all out. 😆

richc
    Free Member

Bollocks I am agree with TJ.

I have no problem with criminals being restrained and arrested, I do like most sane people have an issue with summary justice, punishment and release on citizens handed out by the Police.

If those kids/adults were upto to something then surely the due process is to at least arrest them?

M6TTF
    Free Member

M6TTF – use your eyes
    camerone – that would be reasonable and proportionate. Hitting him with a weapon while he lays on the ground would not.

What’s that supposed to mean? There’s not hours of footage – how can you possibly know what went on prior to that minute of footage

NorthernStar
    Free Member

Shame the use a lot of force illegally there

Oh didn’t realise you were a judge. Case dismissed!

mt
    Free Member

Kevevs – it certainly been a classic week for all spectrums of view. I mean how the hell does anyone troll this week?
    Has anyone suggested that those bike the kids/adults/people of uncertain age were on had been stolen from Harry Halls? Anyway it’s raining now so it should all soon be over unless a well stocked umbrella shop has been done over.

psychle
    Free Member

psychle – Do you not think throwing a brick at some ones head could kill them, or setting fire to a building without checking no ones inside it?

But thats ok is it?

No, it’s not, and I’m not saying it is. All I’m saying, purely based on the video posted (and with no care as to what happened prior), is that what those policefolk are doing is wrong and they need to be held accountable for it… it’s excessive force, pure and simple…

sure, tackle ’em off their bikes, slam them to the ground and restrain them (trust me, that’s going to hurt plenty! enough to ‘teach them a lesson’) but there’s fug all need for the baton strikes and kicking…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Without knowing exactly what the Police knew about those lads, you lot really are talking about a load of waffle.

Even if we did know… we have a legal system in place to deal with crime… and I’m guessing that if those guys were serious perpetrators they’d have been arrested.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Police use force to protect the public – shocking! 😯

oldgit
    Free Member

Have you ever been hit with a full blooded blow from a baton? or a full blooded kick from a steel capped boot?

Yes, and that’s not what’s happening there. That ‘kick’ is a tap, and the harsh blows look like there to the back of the legs. Akin to dusting a carpet and passing a ball to a child.

I can’t tell you what it’s like to be knocked out cold with a baton, it was a rounders bat. Not sure what boots they had on. Victim of mistaken identity. Edgware Road tube station 1974.

peachos
    Free Member

crankboy – Member
    peaches be a dear and watch the video again you see the lad who goes behind the fence walk off free and the officer who shoved him out of sight walk back in to sight without a prisoner.

no, you might want to see that, but there is a lot of panning out of shot from the camera. you see TWO scumbags pushed against the fence on the right and a lot of riot police moving about along with a few non-police movements, all of which appear as darkened bodies due to the light. so you can NOT say that they have been beaten and left to walk off freely because you simply can not see the whole picture and identify exactly who is who. plus, do you actually think that someone who has just received a ‘proper beating’ would walk off so calmly and with no limping or anything.

it’s all wild speculation. none of you know exactly what’s gone on.

druidh
    Free Member

richc – Member
    If those kids/adults were upto to something then surely the due process is to at least arrest them?

druidh – Member

To make an arrest would involve taking police off the streets back to the station to do all the processing and paperwork. Where would you rather they were deployed?

highclimber
    Free Member

Have you ever been hit with a full blooded blow from a baton? or a full blooded kick from a steel capped boot? Both of these actions have the very real potential to be life-threatening (internal bleeding etc) and really are an excessive use of force, surely everyone would agree on that?

you are assuming the police aren’t trained in where to hit someone that causes maximum amount of pain without causing lasting damage!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Police use force to protect the public – shocking!

Precisely!

No need to arrest, no need for anything else – the police used the the force they felt was necessary to maintain public order

Northwind

Zulu-Eleven – Member

No need to arrest, no need for anything else – the police used the the force they felt was necessary to maintain public order

Come on, really? Where do you see public order being maintained there? No credibility at all.

M6TTF
    Free Member

it’s all wild speculation. none of you know exactly what’s gone on.

Sense at last.

richc
    Free Member

So after *just* 4 days of rioting, we have managed to degrade to summary ‘justice’ distributed by the Police with our having to bother with courts or evidence, throwing away centuries of legal practice to ensure we protect the belief ‘innocent until proven guilty’

You hoping for another 4 days of rioting, so you will be able to lynch a hoodie for looking down the street you live on?

Kevevs
    Free Member

They were all over the road and everything Z-11!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

MRanger156 – Member

Police use force to protect the public – shocking

The member of the public they were protecting was where exactly? Protecting them from what exactly?

remember the youth is released after his beating – he is not even restrained on the ground so the cops knew he was no threat. They simply beat him and then leave him to get up on his own.

NorthernStar
    Free Member

I knew there was a thick reactionary element on STW – I hadn’t realised just how unpleasant.

You mean an element on STW that thinks criminals should not get away with it? An element that believes that the police should be allowed to control and punish troublemakers and the antisocial behaviour that blight the lives and freedom of law abiding citizens? An element that perhaps has an open enough mind to not jump to conclusions about what has gone on in a video where they can only see a small part of the whole story?

Gosh how unpleasant!

craigxxl
    Free Member

Have you ever been hit with a full blooded blow from a baton? or a full blooded kick from a steel capped boot? Both of these actions have the very real potential to be life-threatening (internal bleeding etc) and really are an excessive use of force, surely everyone would agree on that? I’m all for these scrotes getting a ‘clip around the ear’ and a bit of old-school corporal punishment, but what those cops are dishing out there is not appropriate surely?

psycle – you will never convince the bloodlust / wannabe / keyboard warriors I guess. They get a hard on at the idea of the cops giving someone a good kicking.

I have no blood lust / wannabe / keyboard warrior but I have been on the receiving end of more minor civil unrest and even behind a full shield it isn’t pleasant. Bricks still hurt, visors smash along with the face behind it and flames are still hot, trying to keep a professional attitude is hard. These police officers may not have had rest for the last 24 hours, seen their mates injured and even had their holidays cancelled just because some scrotes think it their right to go and take what they want. They are not taking on the authorities like in the G9 riots they are going committing mass theft and vandalism.
    It’s not a perfect world and your black and white views are an ideal that excludes human emotion on both sides.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Waht criminal? Innocent until proven guilty? Or do you mean the criminal in the uniform?

You think the police should be allowed to punish people do you? Death squads perhpas?

You can clearly see unreasonable and illegal force being used there. No doubt possible in any rational mind.

oldgit
    Free Member

The member of the public they were protecting was where exactly? Protecting them from what exactly?

Dunno think there’s been some trouble since Sturday night, gangs of kids calling each other up to go a lootin. that might be it.

Lifer
    Free Member

richc – Member
    So after *just* 4 days of rioting, we have managed to degrade to summary ‘justice’ distributed by the Police with our having to bother with courts or evidence, throwing away centuries of legal practice to ensure we protect the belief ‘innocent until proven guilty’

You hoping for another 4 days of rioting, so you will be able to lynch a hoodie for looking down the street you live on?

Well said. Some of the comments are unbelievable.

You can only comment on what happens in the video, everything else ‘they shouldn’t be there’ etc is speculation. From that video it’s completely OTT.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 410 total)

The topic ‘Manchester's Police doing what the Met are scared of doing!’ is closed to new replies.