Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Manchester Velodrome
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

aP
    you will have to enter the Yasumitsu Schlapp Tandem Track Omnium if you build the bike up!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

The **** what???

richpips
    Free Member

Coming back to the OP.

When we went I found that the “instructors” were very good at telling people what not to do, taking the piss and saying how good they were back in the day.

I heard rules, but do you know what, not one word of encouragement, or congratulation on improvement.

Very poor imho.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

If you aren’t happy with the coaching on public sessions you need to let Bob Barber know b.barber@manchestervelodrome.com

He is the track development officer and organises the coaching provision for public sessions

The Yasumitsu Schlapp Track Tandem Omnium,

The track event of the year

aP
    Free Member

You have seen this haven’t you?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Yes, Ive pilotted for Anthony in road crits

From the velodrome mailshot
    There is new date for weekend accreditation. The one in December is sold out, so if you have a colleague who wants to gain accreditation, then details are on the website, and forms are available in reception, for April 4th & 5th. http://www.manchestervelodrome.com/static_info/new_sessions.htm

aP
    Free Member

Cool, I know Barney’s brother Andy from doing the level 2 course with him years ago.
    At the moment I think that if we build up the tandem it’ll be tried out at Reading then carefully get our nerve in to go to herne Hill before trying a 250m.

crazy-legs

Instruction at velodromes (any velodrome, not just Manc) varies from the piss poor through to excellent. The problem is that a lot of the older coaches are a bit stuck in their ways but on the other hand they’re the people without which cycling clubs would die a death.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

aP, the big problem with tandems are the tires. You want something light and fast but they pop all the time. Paul Hunter became very good at steering a track tandem with a flat.

i’ll get you the date for the Omnium

big_n_daft
    Free Member

the tandem omnium will take place again this year on Saturday 23 May 2009 1-4pm at Manchester Velodrome

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Manchester Velodrome’ is closed to new replies.