• This topic has 30 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Manchester bike assault – Get your deerstalkers on!
  • scaled
    Free Member

So I just nipped out on to Oxford St in Manchester to meet my gf for a coffee.

At 12:10 by Portalnd buildings/McDonald’s a female cyclist and a black 62 plate fiesta were having a bit of verbal which culminated in the driver reaching out of his car and punching the cyclist on the hatched markings, then he sped off and the cyclist went on her way before my gf could stop her for a bit of witness action.

If you recognise the cyclist or hear about anyone getting punched by a car drive let me know!

We’ve reported it to the police already and they’re trying to track the cyclist down as well.

Picture of the car and cyclist.

allthepies
    Free Member

Must be painful getting punched there.

wwaswas

Must be painful getting punched there.

that was what stood out for me as well. I spend too much time on here, I think.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Unless that car is on false plates – assaulting someone in broad daylight in a city-centre in the middle of the day is surely doomed for reprimand.

Hope they get them and chop them up into lil pieces.

nbt

Shared this on Facebook, as many of may contacts work in That Manchester

SiB
    Free Member

Makes my blood boil a male hitting a female, and ‘protected’ by sitting in his metal box. Fooking tosser, hope he gets caught and sent down in the same cell as Mr Big who uses him as a sex toy.

And relax

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Makes my blood boil a male hitting a female,

No sexism here please.

You probably meant to say “Makes my blood boil a larger stronger person hitting a smaller weaker person regardless of the sex of either.” 😉

enfht
    Free Member

Wonder what she said to the driver?

“Go on you big pansy, punch me if you think you’re tough enough, you’ve just poo’d your pants. Chicken. I’d beat you up no problem I’m well tough I am, Id kick your ass with my eyes closed standing on one leg”

Or similar?

ratherbeintobago

a black 62 plate fiesta

Focus.

/pedantry

scaled
    Free Member

pffft, I ride a bike and drive a 13 year old car 😀

mikeconnor
    Free Member

The police won’t act unless there is a complaint made by either party, or there is sufficient evidence to suggest any unlawful act has taken place. Hopefully the cyclist will make a complaint, and then you and your girlfiredn will be able to act as witnesses to the assault. Good on you for reporting it.

scaled
    Free Member

Indeed mike, I know there’s a lot of Manchester bikers on here, unfortunately, looking at her kit and bike it’s not likely she’s a regular on here 😀

patriotpro
    Free Member

ratherbeintobago – Member

a black 62 plate fiesta

Focus.

/pedantry

Missed that form the OP – now wondering what description the OP gave out to anyone else. 😳

scaled
    Free Member

Only posted it on here, my gf reported it to the police 😀

SiB
    Free Member

Makes my blood boil a male hitting a female,

No sexism here please.

You probably meant to say “Makes my blood boil a larger stronger person hitting a smaller weaker person regardless of the sex of either.”

Nope, sexism rules in this example!!

yunki
    Free Member

at least he only punched her on the hatched markings.. imagine if he’d headbutted her near the belisha beacons.. 😯

hp_source

Car reg matches the DVLA info…. so that at least give them a fair chance of catching the idiot

Make: FORD
    Model: FOCUS (5 DOOR HATCHBACK)
    Colour: BLACK

Bunnyhop

Scary.
    I was verbally abused by a driver in a ford focus trying to turn right on a busy road in Stockport a few years ago, luckily I had several witnesses, otherwise I’m pretty sure the idiot would have tried to punch my lights out and knock me off my bike.

Glad your gf reported it scaled, hope they find the tosser.

belugabob
    Free Member

At the very least, he shouldn’t have been stationary on the hatched markings.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Well done for reporting it – no-one I know though.

porter_jamie

it’s a 1.0 ecoboost focus

JohnnyPanic

Curious how you can tell that.

sbob
    Free Member

pffft, I ride a bike and drive a 13 year old car

Funny, I drive a car and ride a thirteen year old…

…motorbike.
    Good work OP, hope this coward gets fingered.

theotherjonv

The police won’t act unless there is a complaint made by either party, or there is sufficient evidence to suggest any unlawful act has taken place

Are photos and a witness statement not enough? I thought that if a crime was reported the police had to investigate, and then it’s up to the CPS whether to prosecute. Only because there was an incident in the local paper recently, where one guy assaulted another with an iron bar, but the guy who was assaulted said he didn’t want to press charges and instead would sort it out in his own way……

porter_jamie

Johnny Panic – Member
    Curious how you can tell that.

use the reg. number, but you need to know where to look!

JohnnyPanic

Interesting. Says my Focus hatch is a C-Max…
    Other than that it’s bang on though.

xiphon
    Free Member

…edited…

Bernaard
    Free Member

Her saddles too low ;0)

jkomo

At least she wasn’t punched in the box.

nbt

Any updates on this?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Manchester bike assault – Get your deerstalkers on!’ is closed to new replies.