• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Manchester airport parking recommendations? (VW T5 camper content)
  • andy_hew
    Free Member

Im looking for airport parking at Manchester for a couple of trips over the summer. I’ll be travelling in my vw T5 camper and note that some of the car parks do not except campervans. It’s a pop top so no bigger than a standard T5 so not sure if this is aimed at all campervans or just bigger motorhomes. Any other T5 owners have experience of parking at Manchester airport and any recommendations?

andy8442
    Free Member

Manchester Valet Parking, or any of the valet parking services. They took away my T5 and Vito no prob, as they have off airport parking.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The least stressful way I’ve done Manchester is by train if that’s an option for you.

mattrgee
    Free Member

I’ve been using these guys for years, they don’t advertise particuarly simply because they don’t need to. Dead cheap, incredibly efficient, they even open the car boot and put the heaters on if it’s a chilly day:

Flight Shuttle Services

I can’t say for sure whether they accept campers but I’d be surprised if they didn’t.

edhornby

I did the long stay last week – it’s just a lift-arm barrier with no hoop

you do an online payment and it gives you a code but reads your numberplate for automatic entry so the only issue I can think of is that the system checks the DVLA data when it has your plate and declines you on the basis that it is classed as a camper ? dunno if it’s that smart… ?

andy_hew
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations – I’ll take a look at these. I also emailed jetparks who have informed that it is ok to access the main open car parks but not the multi-story and meet and greet areas as there are height restrictions.

Thanks again

br
    Free Member

How far are you travelling to get there?

andy_hew
    Free Member

How far are you travelling to get there?

about 60 miles b r

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

There’s only one on site airport car park without a height restriction – the Long Stay one which I’ve used when I can’t possibly get in by train because of the timing of the flight. Train is definitely best way to take the strain.

br
    Free Member

about 60 miles b r

tbh I use to live about 45 miles from Heathrow and it actually worked out cheap (and less hassle) to just get a taxi (actually a Merc) there. And even for Gatwick (which was 100 miles) too, especially when faced with long-haul return flights.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve used their Meet & Greet service several times with no problems whatsoever. Relatively cheap compard to the alternatives. There has been controversy in the past with posher cars being joy-ridden and parked in dodgy streets, but think they’ve clamped down on that and now park in a dedicated off-site parking lot. Completely takes the stress out of it.

andy_hew
    Free Member

tbh I use to live about 45 miles from Heathrow and it actually worked out cheap (and less hassle) to just get a taxi (actually a Merc) there. And even for Gatwick (which was 100 miles) too, especially when faced with long-haul return flights.

Yes in the past I’ve used taxis but its £110, whereas parking seems to be between £30 and £50 for 4 days.

tragically1969
    Free Member

We just use the long stay parking at the airport, about £40-50 a week if you book early enough.

IHN

I’ve used their Meet & Greet service several times with no problems whatsoever. Relatively cheap compard to the alternatives

This.

tomaso
    Free Member

Jetparks were good for a 3m high Sprinter van last month.

Marin
    Free Member

Jetparks with t4 no problem lots of times

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Manchester airport parking recommendations? (VW T5 camper content)’ is closed to new replies.