Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Managing the cravings…
  • nicko74

Thinking about this, I reckon it’ll sound odd, but hey ho.

The last couple of weeks at work have been manic, so I’ve got into the routine of necking mugs of office coffee, ending up wired but productive – but also fairly stressed and anxious.

This week’s less crazy, so I’ve not been having as much coffee; I thus find myself around mid-morning and mid-afternoon with a craving for… something. It’s not that specific – chocolate/ sweets/ caffeine would probably all sort it, but fruit wouldn’t. But I’m holding off all of those, and so still have this “want”.

So, my question is: how do the stw collective manage that kind of food/ drink type craving at work, without pigging out/ getting wired on too much coffee?

Cougar

Tea?

The-Beard

Cigarettes?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    IHN

In my case, by applying some MTFU.

I used to be the same (to be honest, still am at times), but I think it’s more about habit than need/want. Just ignore it and after a few days it’ll go away.

molgrips
    Free Member

iDiet principles really helped me. That and some training whilst fasted got my body to kick the sugar habit, which is where a lot of cravings come from.

However my brain is still hooked on sugar somewhat – now I just want the sweet taste of happiness, but when I do I feel like shit.. tired, foggy, headachey – which I never used to do. I suppose it’s a bit like losing your tolerance for booze.

Oh yeah – what exercise have you been doing?

Tea?

Yes please. Actually, I’ll make some myself.

scuzz
    Free Member

Stop being introspective. If you can think about yourself, you’re not working hard enough.

argoose
    Free Member

Decaff
    FTFY

nicko74

If you can think about yourself, you’re not working hard enough.

hehehe… true

patriotpro
    Free Member

Chewing gum or brush your teeth.

scotroutes

Water. It’ll make you feel more full

molgrips
    Free Member

Hah.

nicko74

I try that, but it’s plainer than a plain thing, doesn’t really scratch the itch.

Good hard run might, but it’s snowing outside 🙁

jekkyl

marijuana?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Managing the cravings…’ is closed to new replies.